What TV show are you awaiting for the next season?

The first season of true detective with the occult/realism and the tense dark aesthetic, so memorable for me. The scene where they find the kidnapper, the episode with the biker gang, near the end when they show the evil galaxy or whatever. So awesome, they still stick in my mind. . .

HOC was on Netflix. No ads. :D

Most of the better shows seem to be on ad-free tv like HBO and Netflix. Of course both advertise themselves ad naseum, but at least it's primarily at the beginning before the show starts. Sort of like trailers in the movies. Which btw could turn into another rant of mine. Do I really need to see 20 minutes of partial movies before I actually get to watch the movie I came to see? :mad: :mad:

Netflix still wants your money and so they will draw out a show as long as they can to get it. Money warps storytelling to its detriment.

It's opinion, I know, but I totally agree. True Detective one was incredible, although the finale had weaknesses.
The characters and the way the stories were told, I really thought it was top notch.

Season two was, to me, some action/drama show like any other.

Yeah, honestly I think season 1 was one of the greatest seasons of any show that I've ever seen. Spoiled me rotten, and then season 2 rolled around haha. 2 wasn't bad, but the plot was confusing at first and I think that ruined it for a lot of viewers.

The first season of true detective with the occult/realism and the tense dark aesthetic, so memorable for me. The scene where they find the kidnapper, the episode with the biker gang, near the end when they show the evil galaxy or whatever. So awesome, they still stick in my mind. . .

Not to mention (imo) the superb acting talents of McConaughey and Harrelson. A quality script with quality actors is an amazing, yet rare, thing.

Well.......

Fargo is off to an excellent start. Saul too. Silicon Valley, eh, didn't see that surprise coming. I guess that's why it's called a surprise. Oh, I get it. Interesting to see where things head now. Seems like that'd be more of a season ender - not a season opener.

Well.......

Fargo is off to an excellent start.
i agree completely!

"Where do you keep the prisoners?"
"We use the closet. The one where we keep the boxes."
"What kind of boxes?"
"Computer boxes."
Looks around the room. "So where's the computers?"
"In the boxes."
"In the boxes?"
"Never felt we really needed them, what with telexes and everything."

I agree, Mr. Robot was the first-ever USA network show I watched. I don't even really recall any of their other shows. lol

I agree, Mr. Robot was the first-ever USA network show I watched. I don't even really recall any of their other shows. lol

I think they had a version of WWF back in the early 90's, and didn't they have that show Monk? Didn't like that one either.

Saul is getting intense. BB storyline getting more and more clear...can't get enough of the show!

Yeah, Better Call Saul is great right now.

Mike, Saul, and Gus were great from Breaking Bad. You knew they would be great. Saul's brother Chuck (Michael McKeon) has been awesome. So has Rhea Seahorn. I also really like the guy who plays Chuck's business partner. He is such a prick. I love hating him.

Saul was never one of my favorite Breaking Bad characters, which is why I think I passed on Better Call Saul. Might give it a go though, since so many of you think it's great! Fargo has been on my "to watch" list as well, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Back