What TV show are you awaiting for the next season?

Lot's of great stuff on that list. There's a few I'm yet to get around to.

Have to agree about House of Cards. I'll stay tuned but I think it's losing/lost something.

Watching designated survivor right now. It's great. You get an episode most weeks, sometimes.
Sometimes you don't get episodes for a few weeks....Gripping stuff. Really keeps you on your toes.

Is there a Curb Your Enthusiasm return or something? Did I miss that?

Saul was great last night. Still hooked. That's the one show I need to watch every week and can't wait until it's on-demand. Need it now! Also, Silicon Valley season premier next Monday. HBO.

Not sure if it's started yet but I heard they were picking it up again.
Now a new series of One Foot In The Grave.....That'd be something! ;)

I hope they make another good season of true detective. Sarah and I have been following silicon valley, house of cards, the night of, orange is the new black, and we'll probably try out the handmaid's tale. Although they better put that on itunes cause we're not getting hulu. :P

I thought I read True Detective is still up in the air. I actually liked the 2nd season better than the first, although I know the critiques bend the other way.

Oh, and Fargo season 3 premier is April 19. That and Saul must be my 2 favorites. Followed by Silicon Valley and The Americans.

Fargo I keep hearing great things about, I've been meaning to start. But I couldn't help comparing it to the movie and those are big shoes to fill. Silly hangup I know haha

Fargo I keep hearing great things about, I've been meaning to start. But I couldn't help comparing it to the movie and those are big shoes to fill. Silly hangup I know haha

If you liked the movie, you'll like the tv series. I won't go so far as to say it's as good, but it's good in it's own right and comes from a similar school of black humor.

Oh, and it's an anthology series. Different actors, different plot line each season - like True Detective. There are small threads running from one season to the next, but basically you can watch the upcoming new season without having seen the first two.

If you haven't seen the original BBC version you haven't seen House of Cards.
i thought both were good. But I liked that the BBC version had a definitive ending after 3 seasons. The US version seems to have dragged on, and gotten weaker in the process.

BBC however was old enough that it wasn't in hi-def iirc. So the US was preferable on that front. :)

The US version seems to have dragged on, and gotten weaker in the process.

The effect of dependence on advertising. TV here just seems like advertising bait. Even PBS has sold out to paid programming and charlatans like Deepak Chopra, selling his books full of junk science to gullible idiots. It's truly sad what has become of our "public" airwaves. Money has killed TV.

The effect of dependence on advertising. TV here just seems like advertising bait. Even PBS has sold out to paid programming and charlatans like Deepak Chopra, selling his books full of junk science to gullible idiots. It's truly sad what has become of our "public" airwaves. Money has killed TV.
HOC was on Netflix. No ads. :D

Most of the better shows seem to be on ad-free tv like HBO and Netflix. Of course both advertise themselves ad naseum, but at least it's primarily at the beginning before the show starts. Sort of like trailers in the movies. Which btw could turn into another rant of mine. Do I really need to see 20 minutes of partial movies before I actually get to watch the movie I came to see? :mad: :mad:

I am awaiting the return of Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. I haven't watched House of Cards yet, but I'm letting them stock up the seasons so I can binge it at-will in the future sometime lol.

I thought I read True Detective is still up in the air. I actually liked the 2nd season better than the first, although I know the critiques bend the other way.

You crazy :D 1 > 2

Alas, from everything that I've heard and read, it seems like True Detective is pretty much done.

You crazy :D 1 > 2

Alas, from everything that I've heard and read, it seems like True Detective is pretty much done.

It's opinion, I know, but I totally agree. True Detective one was incredible, although the finale had weaknesses.
The characters and the way the stories were told, I really thought it was top notch.

Season two was, to me, some action/drama show like any other.

Back