what is the name of...

andrushkiwt

...that weird animated walking motion that modern horror movies do nearly every time now? I belive it started with The Ring and has been a device of creepiness ever since then. It's like a stop motion effect, where the villain/creature/ghost walks slowly but is clearly carefully edited to appear jagged in motion. If you've seen a horror movie since 2002, you've seen this.

There must be a name for it but my searches have come up short. Jason, Freddy, MM all walk slowly, but otherwise normally. The thing I'm referring to is the new mainstay and I'm really overbored by it. It lost its effect years ago but its as if they haven't come up with anything new to replace it yet.

I know what you mean.
I think they capture real life slow movement then speed it up to, what appears to be, normal speed.
You can also remove every nth frame then slow down what's left to get back to the original duration.

Either gives the creepy/jumpy/staggered effect.

I know what you mean.
I think they capture real life slow movement then speed it up to, what appears to be, normal speed.
You can also remove every nth frame then slow down what's left to get back to the original duration.

Either gives the creepy/jumpy/staggered effect.

Yeah. I'm wondering how to refer to it in conversation. If it has a name. God lord they overuse that effect. They need something new already.

Back