What are the Chances?

I guess my 'record' would be 138.

I got a ticket once for doing 105 in a 55! :D

oops!...I got caught by a speed cop at 135 on the M62...the cop asked what the rush was, I said I needed a pee...so he let me pee on the side of the road...said he owned an RF900, I called it an understated classic, he forgot about the ticket lol

I guess my 'record' would be 138.

I got a ticket once for doing 105 in a 55! :D

That makes my 38 in a 30 seem rather tame...:o

I'd did get pulled over and ticketed by a police horse once. True story...:facepalm:

Well... not the horse. Rosser on it.

oops!...I got caught by a speed cop at 135 on the M62...the cop asked what the rush was, I said I needed a pee...so he let me pee on the side of the road...said he owned an RF900, I called it an understated classic, he forgot about the ticket lol

How the hell did you find enough space on the M62 to get over 20...? That road is worse than the m11? Took me nearly three hours to get to West Ham last night. 20 miles. The Barking Road is a nightmare....:mad:

How the hell did you find enough space on the M62 to get over 20...? That road is worse than the m11? Took me nearly three hours to get to West Ham last night. 20 miles. The Barking Road is a nightmare....:mad:

Dude Ive managed a clocked 165 on the M4...we have our ways!

btw the cops RF900 is a piece of shite, which made the lack of ticket extra sweet :)

Is that 135 Km/h?? Not very fast.

That makes my 38 in a 30 seem rather tame...:o
the cop looked at my license and said, "Mr. Hutter ..... I clocked you doing 105mph ...... is there any reason you were going that fast?"

I said, "Not one good enough to keep me from getting a ticket!" :laughings:

I was so pleasant he didn't take me to jail but in 1982 the fine was $528.50. :eek:

the cop looked at my license and said, "Mr. Hutter ..... I clocked you doing 105mph ...... is there any reason you were going that fast?"

I said, "Not one good enough to keep me from getting a ticket!" :laughings:

I was so pleasant he didn't take me to jail but in 1982 the fine was $528.50. :eek:

I was once doing the 7 hour drive to Cornwall on Christmas eve and had my 90 year old Nan in the back and her sister who was dreadfully incontinent. After 6 and half hours of listening to them bicker and fearing for my upholstery I put me foot down a few miles from home and got pulled doing 90 in a 60.

I apologised to the cop and introduced them to the two old dears and he let me off...

A year later, same day same drive but with wifey next to me I was pointing out to her exactly where I got pulled over and reliving the tale and dammit if I didn't get another tug for doing 85. The guy remembered me from the previous year and asked after my nan and astonishingly he let me off again. I always drive slow there now...

35 km/hr over any limit in NSW is automatic loss of licence here.... think my max is about 170 (km/hr)... rural Queensland a couple of years back...

35 km/hr over any limit in NSW is automatic loss of licence here.... think my max is about 170 (km/hr)... rural Queensland a couple of years back...

Here it's pretty much anything over the 100 on a 70 limit. Not sure what it is for 30 40 50 and 60 limits. I pretty much never speed anymore so not bothered. Well not by more than the accepted norm which is 10% +3 over.

Motorcyclists already have a place to ride.

The question was whether a particular government will have the sense to give bicyclists a segregated portion of roadway space.

Perhaps the lard-ass contingent could be enlisted in the campaign if electric bicycles were allowed to share these roads with bicyclists.

The question was whether a particular government will have the sense to give bicyclists a segregated portion of roadway space.

Perhaps the lard-ass contingent could be enlisted in the campaign if electric bicycles were allowed to share these roads with bicyclists.

Love the idea of giving bicyclists their own place to ride. Get them out of the street and danger from trying to mix in with cars.

I'm all for it too if they want to pay for it like motorists have to..:thumbs up:

A lot of towns here have cycleways that end rundown and unused. Maybe if cyclist had to pay for their up keep they would stop demanding exclusive us of the road.

I'm all for it too if they want to pay for it like motorists have to..:thumbs up:

A lot of towns here have cycleways that end rundown and unused. Maybe if cyclist had to pay for their up keep they would stop demanding exclusive us of the road.
I would think getting them out of the way of motorists would be payment enough...

The other thing not mentioned, is that each cyclist on this special roadway represents one less car clogging up your 20 mph highways. I personally find it difficult to drive my truck and ride my bike at the same time. Maybe it's the standard transmission?

Back