Wallet or Money Clip?

andrushkiwt

Had this debate with a coworker. I use a wallet, he uses the clip. I use the wallet, even though i never carry cash, mostly for the 5-6 debit/credit cards, various licenses, various insurance cards, gift cards, and a cloth for my glasses (can't stand dirty glasses). His consists of DL and some cash. I don't like having to take my wallet out every time I sit down at a restaurant, and the convenience of a small clip if nice, except for the things I wouldn't be able to take. Maybe i'll look into a combo wallet/clip thing.

What do you use? (slow work day here, again, obviously)

Wallet. How can you not have at least a debit card and insurance card with you along with cash and drivers license? I've got credit cards, AAA card and various discount-customer-follower retail cards (Petco, that kind of thing), business cards... I guess some of the things you can now have on your iphone for scanning, like the retail cards. And you can use a phone for debit/card card stuff now at SOME (but not all) places, but I've still got a dumb phone. And what happens when your phone dies and AAA shows up to jumpstart your car? ;)

Wallet. I don't have any money, but must at all times have access to at least 3 expired AAA cards, dozens of dunkin donuts receipts, 2 or 3 supermarket receipts, several ATM receipts, a couple random hotel keys, a couple expired health insurance cards, a gym membership from 4 years ago, a library card I've never used, a 10/1 free coffee card from a place near where I lived 8 years ago, and a dead Visa gift card.

6y3ULNDh

Wallet. I haven't even seen a money clip for years. I could pretty much pay for everything with my phone if I wanted to but I have a free haircut due via hairdresser loyalty card and I need it with me at all times because when I meet people in the street and they don't say "You're looking sharp/smooth" I'll know it's time. :laughings:

I have 90% of Fleets items in mine. Damn AAA. And Damn you library.

Clips nothing old though, its really the "new" thing. They have designer ones and everything. Not just a rubberband anymore. And it sits in your front pocket, so they claim. Every time I sit down, I have to clear my pockets. Wallet keys phone etc... One less item might be nice.

My kid made me a Saints duct tape wallet. It's old and worn out now because I use it because it actually works great as a wallet....and it's 100% duct tape. Saints duct tape. Who Dat!

My kid made me a Saints duct tape wallet. It's old and worn out now because I use it because it actually works great as a wallet....and it's 100% duct tape. Saints duct tape. Who Dat!

Nice. Creative. And that is the darkest room I've ever seen. It must be glow in the dark

Wallet with chain to belt loop.

Learned my lesson once when left wallet on self check at Home Depot. The manager stole my wallet with $600, cards, DL, etc.

Long story short she was caught on video and fired, HD gave me store credit for the lost amount and had me sign document so I wouldn't sue (I could have said any amount was in there but was honest). My wallet was found in a parking lot and they found me via my Blockbuster Video card. Guess where? The HD employees apartment parking lot.

Got everything back that time. :)

Wow. That's a trip back. I had one for every store in the zip code.

It's safe to say you've had the chain wallet since at least the 90s then...?

Correct! Yes, it was quite a while ago. Showing my age huh? lol

Oh and speaking of 'trip back'. There was one acid trip before I ever had a wallet and dropped a money clip with a bunch of cash by a pay phone. No need to ask why I was using a pay phone.

Again, dating myself... lol

Wallet with Union membership card, Pvt Health Insurance card, Medicare card, M/Cycle license, M/cycle registration, my mobile phone number (I can't remember it), debit card and at least $5 for petrol money AND a photo of the Mrs.

Back