The Walking Dead

Yeah, the Carol flashbacks were pretty useless, like the Abraham ones last week (although those actually gave a little backstory to him, I guess). The best part is that the lazy writers have managed to effectively stretch 4 episodes worth of content into 8 episodes by doing this "Stick with 1 group" thing. Think about it. The last 4 episodes have all taken place in the same couple of days more or less.

I'd call tonight's episode boring filler, but I guess since they're kinda sorta moving the plot along it's not really filler lol. Looking forward to next week. Think Beth is gonna die. What about you guys? Predictions?

two different scenes, one great , one sucked

the city scene was ok, it was moving...

the 6yr old pouty guy sitting on the road scenes at the bus, were a drag, and spending a good chunk of the show fishing in the creek by the bus was lame.

...oh and the 3rd part with the minister, that was kind of non-moving, I'll be glad when the minister is dead.

Epinephrin is going to save Carol, when she's got internal injuries and hasn't woken up since getting hit by the car? :rolleyes:
Bob the cop manages to knock Sasha out by thumping her against the window/wall? She doesn't add anything to the show, kill her off. The minister breaks out of the church - to go where? He's walker meat, but did the hole in the floor he made provide a path for walkers to get in?
I'm glad someone's finally questioning Rick's great 'plans' which never work out as planned any way.
the whole Abraham/Maggie/Glen/others story went absolutely nowhere.

they shouldnt have killed off the cannibals , in hindsight they were more of a believable group of survivors.

if I were to write the next episodes, they need to go somewhere and the cop/hospital isnt going to supply enough battles, but the cop/hospital is by far, better than watching 3 people fish in a creek.

Having a goal = to go in and get someone out, has some movement, where do they go after they get out? they'll need a fast truck, more bullets and weapons, so they need to go to battle and take out the hospital...food , shelter and escape from the city or make another "prison" environment to stay.

maybe the the fire truck personal can start a band, go grab some free gear and start jamming.....win the zombies over then unleash a stack of marshalls and make their heads explode?

Wow, that was a quick kill-off of Beth. And in literally a matter of hours, Carol is out of a coma, and actually walking?
Now they finally have the whole (surviving) gang back together - we didn't see how Abraham got the firetruck working again, did we? I may have missed it running out to the kitchen - and we have to wait 8+ weeks for the next episode? Lame.

No, they didn't show how the truck got started back up.

Rick is pretty badass now. I loved it when he ran that fleeing guy down with the cop car. I swear he almost looked like he was smiling before he finished the guy off.

I also liked it when he was negotiating and they asked him where his people were, then blam! A walker drops right next to them from a headshot, and he's like, "they're close". :)

That hospital crew was outmatched. Good for officer Sherman . I think she may be the first character in the show to successfully talk people down and reach a cease fire.

Lol Beth trying to stab Dawn was literally one of the stupidest things I've seen on the show. Shame she got dome-capped for it though, as I liked her character. Daryl just capping Dawn in the face was pretty intense though. Good for him.

Lol Beth trying to stab Dawn was literally one of the stupidest things I've seen on the show. Shame she got dome-capped for it though, as I liked her character. Daryl just capping Dawn in the face was pretty intense though. Good for him.

Yeah, she drove those scissors like maybe a half an inch into dawn's shoulder, tops! I don't even think dawn would've need stitches after that.

I won't miss Beth, but I know you were fond of her. Sorry dude.

I was surprised by Darryl. Here he is trying to talk Rick out of killing people for weeks and then he just hauls off and shoots dawn in the face? It was an accident and I don't think she even posed a threat, but oh well.

Aww man, I liked Beth. I think her character development was comming along well. After all the time spent on her it was a total suprise to me. I don't remember how she bit it in the comic.

So if you didnt' watch last night, don't read any further!!
No, really
I mean it
I figured Tyrese would get it more sooner than later. A hammer as his principle weapon - just asking for trouble. Get a fricking axe or something! Funny to see the Gov, the kids, Bob, and Beth (playing guitar - she never did that on the show!) all talking to him. When they cut his arm off to try to save him, I was like 'WTF', he's already bled out and shoudl be dead already. Then when they try to get him ut of the town, there's one point where Noah is holding him up - by the arm that's been amputated already!

I was mildly disappointed with that episode.

I don't mind them being artsy or creative with their story telling, I just don't think that's their strength. What I don't think they get about using flashbacks and flashforwards is that you have to actually care about the info they're revealing to you. You can't just throw in a picture of some kids and then later on reveal, oh yeah, those are Noah's brothers! No one cares.

Lost was really good at that shit, because they created questions and later revealed them in flashbacks. The Walking Dead seems to just create info simply to be able to flashback to it...boring.

What they do best is action and suspense. I didn't think there was much of either in this episode.

Idk I think TWD does a pretty mediocre job with action stuff. They're pretty good with suspense though when they want to be lol.

I did really like the plot twist last night, how the episode opened with what everyone thought was Beth's funeral only to end and find out that it was Tyrese's. Pretty good stuff :)

Back