VH on Kimmel They closed down Hollyweird Blvd last night and jammed

Sometimes I think I'm going to yawn so extravagantly that the top of my head is going to fall off.

I think you're right about Michael Anthony as far as creating new material goes. The backups he came up with worked great. He always seemed to do the right thing at the right time for their music. But if they're just playing covers of themselves doing the oldies, then any bass player can fill in the Michael Anthony role. The actual bass lines are nothing special, and anyone that can sing and play can do his vocal parts.

Yeah I guess, it's not like this even pretends to be anything other than a desperate cash-grab by some aging has-beens.

Also, when I went on about Michael Anthony, I totally forgot about the Sammy Hagar years, which not even he could redeem. Sometimes I forget wistfully that they didn't just call it quits in 1985.

Another thing about Wolfgang is he's too damn young to be playing with these dudes. It just doesn't look right. Older dudes should play with older dudes, kids should play with kids. Mixing 'em together just looks wrong. Especially for a band like VH that relies so heavily on their visual impact.

LOL. There's only one "brown sound" in my life, Greg. it's a necessary evil, usually a relief and sometimes a pleasure. :D

Lol. I'll give Eddie some credit for being an innovator at his weedly wank style of guitar playing. And his tone. That guy tinkered around and broke shit and made his own shit and did all sorts of silly things to his guitars and amps, and to this day people are still chasing his sound.

Another thing about Wolfgang is he's too damn young to be playing with these dudes. It just doesn't look right. Older dudes should play with older dudes, kids should play with kids. Mixing 'em together just looks wrong. Especially for a band like VH that relies so heavily on their visual impact.

Tell me about it. The '70s and '80s punk bands that are still touring in the UK all have twenty-year-old drummers. :/ Except for our band - our drummer is fifty and fantastic.

We found out two weeks ago that he has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. :(

Treatable, but still a shocking blow, especially to him and his girl.

Like I said earlier, there are very few of their songs I really like, but I always loved hearing Eddie's guitar no matter what. Some potentially good songs were just ruined by extreme corniness ("Jamie's Crying"????), but others did kick ass. "Mean Street" is still one of my favorite tunes to put on to start a workout. Their version of "Where Have All the Good Time Gone" is great. "Cradle Will Rock" is great. But the shit song/good song ratio is just horrible, in my opinion.

Tell me about it. The '70s and '80s punk bands that are still touring in the UK all have twenty-year-old drummers. :/ Except for our band - our drummer is fifty and fantastic.

Ugh, that sucks- Seriously, hope this turns out ok.

That sucks. I obviously don't know your guy, but please pass along my best wishes to your drummer from some drummer jackass in Texas.

And if you need a fill-in while he gets treatment, fly me over there. :D

That sucks. I obviously don't know your guy, but please pass along my best wishes to your drummer from some drummer jackass in Texas.

And if you need a fill-in while he gets treatment, fly me over there. :D

Thanks, Greg. He'll probably look kick-ass while he's bald, though. :D

Back