US/Canada folks...

kickingtone

Even I have heard of Groundhog Day, and I am from the UK.

But when I go to Google's front page, where the logo is usually customized to celebrate a relevant anniversary, I see just the default Google logo.

So, I'd like to know if Google sets different logos for different locations, and if any of you are seeing a special logo,..... or are you thinking... "Groundhog WHO?! What's he on about?"

Apparently, Google does not consider February 2nd worthy of special treatment. It's just the vanilla page here in The States, too.

Apparently, Google does not consider February 2nd worthy of special treatment. It's just the vanilla page here in The States, too.

Thanks. Maybe the logo isn't localized, and they have decided that Groundhog Day isn't international enough, even though we know of it, here, in the UK. The Germans also celebrate it, I understand.

Google does Australian-themed logos all the time here in Australia - nothing today, however. And even if it did a Groundhog Day logo, we probably wouldn't see it, although old Phil (or new Phil) was on the news because any chance to put a furry animal on the screen must be taken up.

Google does Australian-themed logos all the time here in Australia - nothing today, however. And even if it did a Groundhog Day logo, we probably wouldn't see it, although old Phil (or new Phil) was on the news because any chance to put a furry animal on the screen must be taken up.

Gtoboy would pee on the newscaster, apparently.

Back