Turncoats and Pacifists

Your kid is crazy cool and decades ahead of his time...lol

He would have to be in order to deal with his old man.

Last night we stayed up til midnight listening to all kinds of funk music. Poor kid. But he loved it. :)

Im hoping my kids love music...my daughters just starting to dance to stuff, well a crouching bop...she was doing it to Heats track in the mp3 clinic...my wife is just so unmusical, great ass though lol

Funny thing about them unmusical wives....

My daughter started violin lessons when she was 5 or 6. After 6 months, she was tired of it. When we were about to call the music school to cancel the lessons, my wife spoke up and said she wanted to learn how to play violin. Mind you, she's an artist, but not a musical bone in her body. I bought her a violin and she stepped into my daughter's time slot. That was a coupla years ago and now she's hacking away at Vivaldi. Pretty cool. This woman actually reads music and I'm in the process of teaching her how to improvise.

My daughter started back up again last year and has been doing really good. I am sure your daughter will be into music if you are; that's almost a given. But maybe your wife will go along for the ride. :)

Im hoping my kids love music...my daughters just starting to dance to stuff, well a crouching bop...she was doing it to Heats track in the mp3 clinic...my wife is just so unmusical, great ass though lol

We've been playing a fairly steady diet of the likes of Beck & Massive Attack to my daughter since she arrived earlier this year. They all seem to have a good calming influence when she's really skriking, so we're currently kidding ourselves that we're establishing some formative tastes.

I'm thinking that the real challenge will come when she starts mixing with other kids who are already into crap like Bieber etc - I'm not sure Bjork will quite cut it then. The only thing I can think is to somehow prevent her making any friends throughout childhood, so the imposition of our tastes can continue unopposed. She'll thank us for it in the long run.

I've given both of my kids a chance to play any of my instruments through any of my amps as loud as they want whenever they want, but they don't want anything to do with me. They are in band and orchestra at school and apparently being a musician who learned to play on the streets I'm beneath those show offing note reading properly schooled musicians. I can read notes too, it just takes me a l o n g time.:o

My son plays trombone and will probably give up music the second he graduates. My daughter plays violin and piano and she seems like the type who'll keep on playing.

I am thinking about putting the pressure on my son to learn guitar before he goes to college this fall.

I thought the generally accepted way to get a kid to do something was to forbid them, under pain of allowance cuttage and other threats, from doing it....?

Or are they smarter these days?:eek:

The best way to get a kid to do something is tell them it will piss off their Mum and explain all the dangers...;)

B98Ghi5CAAEfIju.jpg

Back