Trumps ObamaCare rollout looks even worse?

The problem is that poverty in the US is seen as a moral failing instead of a structural problem. Long live the American Dream. Poor people just need to work harder and all will be well. Apparently.

The problem is that poverty in the US is seen as a moral failing instead of a structural problem. Long live the American Dream. Poor people just need to work harder and all will be well. Apparently.

And yet we've got people spilling over our borders for a chance to be "poor".:rolleyes:

"We had a family doctor, he made house calls".

Ya, the average Ben Casey wasn't all that interested in racketeering. It kinda' seemed they were first made compromised by the legal profession, and the AMA and big Pharm followed with a renewed heavy hand. Supposedly, there still a Rife Machine in the Scripps basement. hahah Ya, I have a 1908 prescription for a 10-pct cocaine solution. The good old days of addiction. The old medicare was racketeering's first major victory

Im waiting for the Debtors Prisons to open back up for those who cant pay their insurance penaltys & fines, charged for not being able to afford medical insurance in the first place, but are mandated to pay for it and then fined when they cant...?wtf?

this concept of fining and taking money from poor people for not being able to afford something is really whacked.
am I missing something obvious?

Didn't I hear something about the the IRS has been instructed to ignore some insurance checkbox ?

The original post in this thread is confusing.
From everything I've seen, it appears the potus eliminated the mandate. Ive seen nothing to the contrary. And I've looked.
Fake news?

Im waiting for the Debtors Prisons to open back up for those who cant pay their insurance penaltys & fines, charged for not being able to afford medical insurance in the first place, but are mandated to pay for it and then fined when they cant...?wtf?

this concept of fining and taking money from poor people for not being able to afford something is really whacked.
am I missing something obvious?

Yes. Yes you are. People with low incomes are eligible for medicaid. All they have to do is enroll. This (along with CHIP) covers 72.5 million Americans. Medicaid was greatly expanded by the Affordable Care Act.

The original post in this thread is confusing.
From everything I've seen, it appears the potus eliminated the mandate. Ive seen nothing to the contrary. And I've looked.
Fake news?

Indeed Republicans are trying to eliminate the mandate. But they are changing back to allowing insurance companies to charge people with insurance lapses up to 30% more than everyone else. So when a person inevitably signs up for insurance, they still pay a penalty, except instead of using those funds to pay for healthcare for poor people, those funds will line the pockets of insurance companies.

Back