TheRecordingRebels.com

I dunno.....the moderator(s) I guess. I'm not really trying to find out. If I'm not welcome there it's kind of pointless to try and prod as to why.

Obviously, no one over there has ever read GZ's article entitled Tips for Mods. It is the definitve guide for moderating a forum full of loonies.

Sorry for your misadventures over there. Glad you're still here.

New boards can take forever to take off. I had one for 18 months and killed it at 98 members. Why, because there were never more than 25 active members at any time. A lot of people signing up and posting once or twice, or never posting at all.

Are there any original ideas left for message boards?

I'm thinking of starting a Spatula forum where you're invited to talk about your kitchen cutlery and so on. If I do I will post about it here, but you guys better keep it clean as I will rule with an iron fist:spank::D

Last edited:
New boards can take forever to take off. I had one for 18 months and killed it at 98 members. Why, because there were never more than 25 active members at any time. A lot of people signing up and posting once or twice, or never posting at all.

Are there any original ideas left for message boards?

I'm thinking of starting a Spatula forum were you're invited to talk about your kitchen cutlery and so on. If I do I will post about it here, but you guys better keep it clean as I will rule with an iron fist:spank::D

But spatulas aren't a recognised cutlery item - more a food preparation implement. You're doomed already by the inherent conflict in your concept.:D

But spatulas aren't a recognised cutlery item - more a food preparation implement. You're doomed already by the inherent conflict in your concept.:D
:laughings:

Haha. A fight thread about what kitchen utensils may or may not qualify as cutlery.

..yeah my first instinct was to go with the fork. Alas..

Somebody got me a killer grill spatula from Williams sonoma a decade ago. I still have it. It is very thick wood and thick stainless steel and the edges are fairly sharp and good to cut with. I'm pretty sure you could kill someone with it. I consider it cutlery. :mad:

Most spatulas these are garbage. Those supposed "High-Temp" plastic spatulas melt. :mad:

What are you to use on your coated pans?

Well, the grill spatula may not have a knife edge, but it can cut the fat sandwich in half, no problem. I eventually ditched the spatula for many things and just used a 8-inch chef knife for grill and griddle work. I don't have a use for the thick square edge burger turner, but I keep the long spring steel one on hand. Nice to have something for pancake rolads and bakery . Hmmm Belgian pancakes

Well, the grill spatula may not have a knife edge, but it can cut the fat sandwich in half, no problem. I eventually ditched the spatula for many things and just used a 8-inch chef knife for grill and griddle work. I don't have a use for the thick square edge burger turner, but I keep the long spring steel one on hand. Nice to have something for pancake rolads and bakery . Hmmm Belgian pancakes
Yes exactly! There are a variety of spatulas out there for every application (just like choosing the right mic for the job)

Next week we'll be discussing spatula placement when micing open back guitar cabinets. :D

How do you kill two birds with one....skillet?

Heat that mo-fo too high. Careful if you have birds and cook with non-stick cookware. My wife's friend lost both her birds and couldn't understand why. Cooking non-stick at high temps releases toxins that can kill your avian friend(s). nyk

cast iron ftw

also....

105-00.jpg

How do you kill two birds with one....skillet?

Heat that mo-fo too high. Careful if you have birds and cook with non-stick cookware. My wife's friend lost both her birds and couldn't understand why. Cooking non-stick at high temps releases toxins that can kill your avian friend(s). nyk

cast iron ftw

also....

View attachment 99279

Probably an overdose of parrots eat 'em all.

Very difficult to upload an AV over there.

To many pixels, not enough pixels, file is too small or too big.. C'mon you guys, loosen it up a little. ?:thumbs up:

Back