TheRecordingRebels.com

Not trying to discourage anyone, but are the concerns over security issues over there valid?.....registry info secure?

I would *never* use the same password on a forum that you would use for your banking website. Also helpful to have a secondary email for verification, but that is mostly intended for use to sign up for things/get spam.

But now, the place that he created is being run by someone else that he at least used to be on friendly terms with and I assume still is.

Under that leadership, some of the same people that were banned from here are also now banned from there.

I'm done over there. If it were my call I would have unbanned many of those we lost a few years back. And I would have opened up the registration for a test run. I had to lock it because the akex nutjob was destroying it. I fixed that recently when I got his stepdad's work email. lol.

Lt. Bob, I don't think I was at all pre-judging. More inquiring, I guess. The implication that I got from JDOD's original statement was that there were some people there who had been banned from here, and it seemed to me he was saying that if you were someone who did not find their behavior objectionable and wanted to still get their insights on things, come on over. So I was simply making my point that in my case, it would depend on if it was similar to an on on-topic extension of the tone thread, or whether it was an unmoderated free-for-all as in the worst days of the cave. I wasn't pre-judging whether or not it was. Also, I got the same interpretation that bouldersoundguy did. Not saying that was the intention, just that he's not the only one who read it that way.

first off .... you were definitely pre-judging .... and you were as mistaken as bouldersoundguy was ..... difference being he acknowledged that maybe he shouldn't have.

first off .... you were definitely pre-judging .... and you were as mistaken as bouldersoundguy was ..... difference being he acknowledged that maybe he shouldn't have.

How so?

Either I really don't understand or see something, or I'm not getting my point across effectively.

I wasn't prejudging his site, I was merely trying to determine what it's purpose was. Is it just an offshoot of the Tone thread as he implied, or is it a whole new site along the lines of A&A? In either case, is it something more heavily moderated like this place, or as A&A has also become, or is it fairly unmoderated as A&A started out?

I suppose the only prejudging I'm doing is assuming that , if it's relatively unmoderated, the individuals who've been banned from both places would be continuing the behavior that got them banned in the first place, in which case, no thanks for me, but by all means more power to him.

But you're right in that I should have just gone there and seen for myself.

And, FWIW, there have been times that I don't understand why folks have been banned, because on the surface their 'infractions' didn't seem ban-worthy. But then again, I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes.

And I know others have intentionally gotten themselves banned, like it's a badge of honor. Don't really understand that reasoning but hey, whatever floats their boat.

isn't it ironic...don't ya think?

Man that was a good song...

I digress

So JDOD innocently enough comes here and lets us know that a new BBS has been developed where, if you want to interact with some of the more "popular" and knowledgeable guys who were banned from HR.Com here's the place.

Innocent enough...

Damn from that to he said, she said, you said, I said...it was a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery.

Speaking words of wisdom LET IT BE

That was then this is now...Prime time is now a vanilla flavored melba toast pretty boring place. Now and again we traverse a hot topic but with the house cleaning it no longer requires daily moderation to keep the flames down....and the members that liked to walk on a sharper edge have a place to do it. Cool!

All the best to them and all the best to us here at HR.com.

Stop the bickering Damn it! :cursing:

Hi all,

As you know I don't post here much anymore. Myself and a bunch of others that used to mainly post in The Tone Thread have started our own forum called The Recording Rebels.

So, if you miss the input of knowledgeable users like Greg_L, Bubba Po, Armistice and Lt. Bob etc pop over and say hello.

Cheers,

JD

I dropped by and registwred this morning and ....literally. ..said "hello". Got a notice that says I'm banned.

You should go and start your own damn forum. :)

I just wanted to take part in the tone thread over there and say "hi" to Greg and see what he has recorded lately. I guess they don't want posting in the tone thread. Never was a problem before on any of the other tone threads.

Beats me what the problem is.
oh well.

I just wanted to take part in the tone thread over there and say "hi" to Greg and see what he has recorded lately. I guess they don't want posting in the tone thread. Never was a problem before on any of the other tone threads.

Beats me what the problem is.
oh well.

Dude I'm sure it's just a glitch.

Yeah. It's a brand new forum, and if JDOD hasn't run one before, I'm sure there's a learning curve to these things. Gotta be a million things to check.

Yeah. It's a brand new forum, and if JDOD hasn't rore, I'm sure there's a learning curve to these things. Gotta be a million things to check.

No, I got a message from them that said my user name and IP address have been permanently banned.

It went on to say the reason for the permanent banning was one of their regular posters objected to my presence.

I dropped by and registwred this morning and ....literally. ..said "hello". Got a notice that says I'm banned.

I got a message from them that said my user name and I areas have been permanently banned. It went on to say the reason for the permanent banning was one of their regular posters objected to my presence.

Wow...that is interesting...wonder who don't like you over there? Holy Butt hurtedness batman! I really don't like the "tone" of that message..:D..couldn't help myself..or motive within it.

Sorry Boy....we don't like the likes of "your kind" around this here BBS so ya see you's banned boy! Ya hear! BANNED! The horror!

Joke em!

na na na na na! we have a new recording forum and you can't play...Lordy! :facepalm: :laughings:

Wow...that is interesting...wonder who don't like you over there? Holy Butt hurtedness batman!

They even deleted my introduction post where I said hello

I guess the one offended by my mere presence couldn't handle that.

"Oh my God!!....what is this???....jimistone saying "hello"?? HOW DARE HE!!!!...NOOOOOO!!!!!....I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!.get it off of here ....GET IT OFF NOW DAMNIT....DELETE IT NOW I SAY!!!"

:)
LOL

They even deleted my introduction post where I said hello

I guess the one offended by my mere presence couldn't handle that.

"Oh my God!!....what is this???....jimistone saying "hello"?? HOW DARE HE!!!!...NOOOOOO!!!!!....I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!.get it off of here ....GET IT OFF NOW DAMNIT....DELETE IT NOW I SAY!!!"

:)
LOL
I've spent a few a days reading as a guest at Recording Rebels and from what I have read it has appeared that all was going extremely well.

I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ban jimistone. jimi has been nothing less than supportive of HR and that new site.

Sorry Boy....we don't like the likes of "your kind" around this here BBS so ya see you's banned boy! Ya hear! BANNED! Na git!

fify

I wouldn't worry about it Jimi. You know who it is, with a little thought. The biggest troll ever. He'll probably cause a stink over there too, eventually. Hell, I guess he already did by getting you banned for no apparent reason, other than a grudge. Thin skinned as they come.

At the risk of creating a stink myself: The only time I was ever banned from here was when the troll was deliberately trying to provoke me in the feedback section into saying something that would get me banned, and I told the troll if he had any further questions he could address them to the mods. Boom, banned. Strange, almost seemed like a setup. Oh well.

To his credit, though, I thought the one song he did that starts with a Mon and ends with a sters was the best thing I have ever heard on this site. Badass fucking tune, and well recorded.

I'm sorry, but what a bunch of pussies to allow one person to dictate who can and cannot post over there.

I tell you what, gents, aint a damn one of us got a hair on our ass if we don't organize and do a forum raid. Saddle up and rally boys, who's with me!?? :mad:

:D

Back