TheRecordingRebels.com

I think he was implying that the forum is populated by people who do record/mix/perform, rather than guys just shooting the shit.

Right, he's claiming that to be the case with that forum in contrast to this one, with the clear (and factually incorrect) implication that this forum is "a place for people who do neither with any regularity to just cock about." If they want to insult us, let them do it elsewhere. Isn't that why made their own forum, for people who simply can't help taking cheap shots for no good reason and it got them banned from this one?

Nothing anymore, the last phpBB forum experience (small private forum, thankfully) was the last straw. When I used vBulletin I got enough advertising revenue to pay for it. That hiking/outdoors forum has long since been sold and traded hands a few times since. I've dabbled in other things that never took root.

While spambots were a problem with vBulletin, and I tried several solutions available then to mitigate their impact, at least it was never taken down due to a software vulnerability. You get what you pay for in bbs software.

I think he was implying that the forum is populated by people who do record/mix/perform, rather than guys just shooting the shit.
Cheers, Steen.

... implication that this forum is "a place for people who do neither with any regularity to just cock about."

BSG...no...I know he doesn't and didn't mean that.
There is no mention in his post anything about *THIS* forum.
He is simply saying that the new BBS is not for people who just want to "cock about" with non-recording posts.

There's no insult aimed at anyone who is specifically here...most people there also post here and vice-versa. :)

Right, he's claiming that to be the case with that forum in contrast to this one, with the clear (and factually incorrect) implication that this forum is "a place for people who do neither with any regularity to just cock about." If they want to insult us, let them do it elsewhere. Isn't that why made their own forum, for people who simply can't help taking cheap shots for no good reason and it got them banned from this one?
That's not what I meant at all. Maybe I didn't word my post very well.

That all depends on whether or not it's a strictly on-topic kind of place, or if it's just a different location where the Beast has been unleashed to devolve into cyber-bullying and seeing who can be the biggest asshole.
way to not prejudge

So if they can engage without demonstrating their assholiness there, why couldn't they do that here?
they did ..... Greg was on good behavior but some HR'ers had him in their sights no matter what.
The bannings were ridiculous.

---------- Update ----------

ah, I see ..... you're giving us an example of 'gross misrepresentation'

The thread seems ripe with misunderstanding and rancour. Please let's not have all this argy-bargy. Some people who can't post here anymore and some others who like their company and value their skills have set up a complementary forum. That's it. come over or don't come over. It's an open forum and people can be members of both.

The thread seems ripe with misunderstanding and rancour. Please let's not have all this argy-bargy. Some people who can't post here anymore and some others who like their company and value their skills have set up a complementary forum. That's it. come over or don't come over. It's an open forum and people can be members of both.
Yeah, this is it really. There's a few people over there who've given loads of help to countless members of this forum in the past, if you value their input or are stumped with something and need a bit of help come and visit. As bubba said, the two forums don't have to be mutually exclusive

The thread seems ripe with misunderstanding and rancour.

:thumbs up:

Not sure why some people here are perceiving things so negatively or wanting to make it this place VS the other place.

Guys...it's another audio BBS where people can come hang out.
The vibe there is meant to be different. It's not funded or driven by some conglomerate out of France....it's driven by the membership that is there, and that's what will make it different.

Anyone that joins...can also still post anywhere else....it's not about here VS there.

Lt. Bob, I don't think I was at all pre-judging. More inquiring, I guess. The implication that I got from JDOD's original statement was that there were some people there who had been banned from here, and it seemed to me he was saying that if you were someone who did not find their behavior objectionable and wanted to still get their insights on things, come on over. So I was simply making my point that in my case, it would depend on if it was similar to an on on-topic extension of the tone thread, or whether it was an unmoderated free-for-all as in the worst days of the cave. I wasn't pre-judging whether or not it was. Also, I got the same interpretation that bouldersoundguy did. Not saying that was the intention, just that he's not the only one who read it that way.

So if they can engage without demonstrating their assholiness there, why couldn't they do that here?

My thought exactly.

And I'll admit that I prefer a more tightly reigned moderation than probably most.

Here's something I do find interesting, though.

When Joe got pissed at the mods here, he created his own place. OK, his right, no harm no foul. More power to ya. Good luck and all that.

But now, the place that he created is being run by someone else that he at least used to be on friendly terms with and I assume still is.

Under that leadership, some of the same people that were banned from here are also now banned from there.

Coincidence?

Sorry, got a little off-topic there, but I have ADHD and one thing leads to another.

Anyway, again, JDOD - good luck, have fun, keep on keeping the Vikings at bay, and don't be a stranger.

Not trying to discourage anyone, but are the concerns over security issues over there valid?.....registry info secure?

Hey, if they can hack the power grid and the Pentagon, I don't think anyone's information is ever safe. You've just got to hope that the sites you're on are beneath being deemed hack-worthy.

Back