Thank you and goodbye (for a while)

YanKleber

Retired
30 years ago I had this crazy dream. By the time I was a teenager torturing a guitar in a noisy rock band and the simply idea of step in an studio and record a track could put me on the clouds. But it didn't happen, time passed, life demanded other things and now, the senior invoked that boy within to make that young dream come true.

:rolleyes:

Back to 2011 when I decided to put hands on I reunited old compositions to new ones, downloaded some cool software and started to record. Then in 2014 I joined this forum and got a lot of useful and serious information from a bunch of nice people that helped me specially with the mix part. Fast forward to the current day I am officially giving my task as done. I had the dream of record a single track in a studio and now I am "retiring" myself with TWO full albums, that is too much more than I could expect.

After to finish them I started to look forward about the third but suddenly I noticed that there was not the need to be a third one. At least not for a while and at least not too soon.

:)

The fact is that the two albums I made needed 25 years of accumulated energy to happen so probably I would need other 25 years to obtain the necessary drive to get into a similar venture again. Just kidding. Well, not really. Actually there is some truth there. I think that a new album from here wouldn't be so exciting and fun as the first ones were. Probably, knowing myself as I do, I would get bored instead.

I think it's time for a new fly. Some time ago I was saying goodbye to my fellows carpenters in a different forum and a bit even more time I did the same in an airplane scale models group. It happened to photography and other stuff before. This is me. I don't stay too much time at the same harbor because I fall in love too fast with projects and as soon I get them done I lose the interest. Funny, uh?

I am already thinking of sell my gear and imagining on what new crazy venture I will put the money!

:laughings:

Anyway, my personal "mission" is complete and I can say that I am pretty happy with the results.

I would like to thank to all people that helped me to realize this dream by generously sharing their time to give away precious knowledge.

:thumbs up:

At some point of a near (or far) future I may return. Maybe. Or not.

:D

Godspeed!!!!!

:listeningmusic:

Yan,
May you have Fair winds and Calm seas. I hope that you enjoy the realization of many more dreams, like you shared, before you part ways with this life. My wish is that we all could realize our dream(s), before we can no longer enjoy them.

Salud!

Last edited:
Are you sure you wish to sell your gear and move from the art?

I say this as I aspired to be a 'rock star' many years ago. 30 years is just about the same for me.

Well, that didn't quite happen the way I wanted it to.

So 28 or so years later and having a shit-ton invested in gear and software, I find that to be sufficient and beneficial to entertain my devotion to music by recording others. A bit of cash for my hobby as well as the opportunities when I play instruments on others recordings.

For me and my life based on responsibilities of child rearing and supporting myself/family, I have found recording others as a hobby that keeps me happy while still making a bit of income from my desire to make music.

Just throwing it out there.

Best to you and your future.

Thank you for you kind comments!

I should keep one electric guitar and my amp just in case.

:)

Now I am moving back to scale models, a hobby that I started when I was a kid and that I moved back and forward a couple times along my life with at list one decade of interval between the relapses. Now that I am starting to recover from my last surgery I am eager to bike again. Being a poor guy cursed to like of so many things unfortunately I don't have the enough cash to support all my hobbies at the same time, so to start something new I have to sacrifice other. Few months ago I dismantled my carpentry home shop where I had over 20 powered tools, two big workbenches and a LOT of other things and sold the whole crap for some happy dudes that bought great stuff for a fraction of the price.

I don't think I am abandoning music. I started learning piano when I had six, then I moved to guitar when I was a teen and since then I had coming and leaving it. Probably I will be taking a sabbatical time.

:D

I will be around once in a while lurking what you guys are making though...

:thumbs up:

The 'rock star' thing for me was 40+ years ago. Then reality hit. I also got tired fo schlepping around heavy amps just to make enough for gas and guitar strings.

But music is an inherent part of me - I stopped playing gigs for 25 years, and for 10 years only picked up a guitar once a month or so, but it was always back there, ready to come out again. Sell the equipment that will get you decent cash. The cheap stuff - what will an extra $10 or 20 get you now? Hold onto it.

Awesome.

Do you guys realize how much band width this is going to free up? :D

I think it's time for a new fly.

Well...that's something only you can know.
I do think that people who bounce from one thing to another are doing it maybe because they haven't really found their true love yet.

I've had a bunch of fun hobbies and interests over the years....but the music, the studio, the recording has been the ONLY continuous thread running through my entire life since I was maybe 7-8 years old.
Even when I took a couple of breaks from it all for a few months to a year or so, I knew I could never give it up for good.
For me, it's never been a passing thing to be completed like a task, and then put it aside.

Anyway...think about it, and maybe just take a break...it might call you back sooner than you realize. :)

Do you guys realize how much band width this is going to free up? :D

Yeah...Yan was such a blabber-mouth and thread hog the last couple of years! ;)

Some time ago I was saying goodbye to my fellows carpenters in a different forum and a bit even more time I did the same in an airplane scale models group. It happened to photography and other stuff before. This is me. I don't stay too much time at the same harbor because I fall in love too fast with projects and as soon I get them done I lose the interest.

I know the feeling. Renaissance Man of sorts, that's very good. Lots in this world to learn - bit by bit, keep goin!

Had to admit, I laughed at the gear questions though. That's funny

Gads, can't help to wonder -though Shure it happens, but that far along, how do you not want to still make music- keep playing?

Back