Support Center - NOT

ido1957

9K Gold Member
<RANT>
I work in software here in Edmonton. Our division has it's R and D in Brisbane. They are the ones who know the "black box" but are asleep when the problems arise. So they have an R and D support group in Toronto. Joke.

Yesterday morning I sent the R and D team a ticket, with all the trace files and a bunch of debug info. It gets picked up by Toronto as they are "awake". The girl basically implies 3 hours later, she would refer it to Brisbane - without even doing any real analysis. She does this all the time, asks for screen prints and other crap, just postponing it until she can pass it off to the guys in Brisbane:

i am looking through the trace
we will be off tomorrow
but will hand it over to Brisbane and Galway team to follow up
will you be available if needed?

Meanwhile the crap is hitting the fan from all directions.

It's a buffer zone, not a support centre. What a joke. I can't afford to wait 8 hours while you file your nails and drink the free coffee. Wake somebody up in Brisbane like clients do to us when the system starts to crash.

</RANT>

I see this happens a lot, these interim support people collect all of the information, based on some check list, so that when the "real" IT people come on line, they have everything they need.

If you ring Brisbane at 5PM your time it'll be 9AM the next day for them.

Go get 'em. They shouldn't be out lazing in the sun.

<RANT>
I work in software here in Edmonton. Our division has it's R and D in Brisbane. They are the ones who know the "black box" but are asleep when the problems arise. So they have an R and D support group in Toronto. Joke.

Yesterday morning I sent the R and D team a ticket, with all the trace files and a bunch of debug info. It gets picked up by Toronto as they are "awake". The girl basically implies 3 hours later, she would refer it to Brisbane - without even doing any real analysis. She does this all the time, asks for screen prints and other crap, just postponing it until she can pass it off to the guys in Brisbane:

i am looking through the trace
we will be off tomorrow
but will hand it over to Brisbane and Galway team to follow up
will you be available if needed?

Meanwhile the crap is hitting the fan from all directions.

It's a buffer zone, not a support centre. What a joke. I can't afford to wait 8 hours while you file your nails and drink the free coffee. Wake somebody up in Brisbane like clients do to us when the system starts to crash.

</RANT>

You seem pissed off about a lot of things these days. Time to strap on the old 6-string and write a song? And then record it...

I feel your pain Gerry. Corporate Canada is just as convoluted as Corporate America...

Dude, there is no corporate America, corporate Canada, it is all one big soup. I know, this is the kind of stuff I do for a living. Design anywhere, build anywhere, sell everywhere. Boarders mean nothing any longer. It is not a conspiracy, it is just the way it is. Can you say, "Global Economy"?

Global Economy = slave labour wages for Bangalore outsourcing which translates to higher profits for the greedy Corporations, and even more phone calls in the middle of the night.

Dude, there is no corporate America, corporate Canada, it is all one big soup. I know, this is the kind of stuff I do for a living. Design anywhere, build anywhere, sell everywhere. Boarders mean nothing any longer. It is not a conspiracy, it is just the way it is. Can you say, "Global Economy"?

The boardroom scene in the movie Network.

I'm so happy! :)
Life is just peachy! :D
And they said the last song I wrote sounded paranoid...gee, how can that be?
Yeah, I get the whole global economy thing, problem is it isn't working yet. If it actually did and everywhere was like Iceland, I think a lot more people would be happy...that's optimistic at best. The likelihood is that we will all become global Bangalore slave labor.:(
Oh well, enjoy the dream while we can!

There 1 Billion Indians looking for work - there won't be a shortage of slave labor for a while.

After I asked for an update the "Executive Director of R and D " emailed me asking if we had tested this particular scenario - our boss sent him a list of test scripts - 4000 of them. Guess we missed one lol.
He asked a bunch of other idiotic blame deflecting questions. After a while I just ignored him. I felt like asking him to STFU.

One of the idiots asked me for the cache values this morning...lol it was in the trace file I sent two days ago. D'oh
They say they found the problem and have a solution they are testing. When they see the cache they will probably realize it isn't going to work.
Oh joy I waited all day online for an update yesterday (Canada Day holiday) and will be up all night tonight.

You could just follow my example and move from Edmonton to Queensland (with a stop in England on the way but that's optional). Brisbane is like Edmonton without the -40C winter weather (but does get the occasional cyclone. Heck...it's even got a "high level" bridge (the Storey Bridge) plus more lower ones.

Back