Superbowl 50 Half Time Feedback Thread

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Coldplay's sound sucked. Bruno forgot his hat

---------- Update ----------

Beyonce - thunder thighs

Can't hear anybody's vocals on the TV

Do they actually play their music or is it a recording?

Well that time the Chili Peppers played they were just running a track. People pointed out that the bass wasn't even plugged in lol.

I'd say Coldplay was doing a track too, since at one point it zoomed in on the bassist and what he was playing didn't match up at all with the sound. Either a super multi-second lag or just a track!

Well that time the Chili Peppers played they were just running a track. People pointed out that the bass wasn't even plugged in lol.

I'd say Coldplay was doing a track too, since at one point it zoomed in on the bassist and what he was playing didn't match up at all with the sound. Either a super multi-second lag or just a track!

There weren't enough giant teddy bears twerking IMO. That said, I am not very accomplished in choreography.

I'd say Coldplay was doing a track too, since at one point it zoomed in on the bassist and what he was playing didn't match up at all with the sound.

Yeah...I saw that too. :D
I thought the entire opening sequence by Coldplay sucked...and it reminded me of the closing ceremonies of the China Olympics a few years back with all the Disney like shit going on and the singer running around with that semi-chimpanzee posture hunched over and doing that stupid jumping up and down. :facepalm:
Not to mention...the music was rather "vague" throughout their sequence.

I think Bruno's Uptown Funk bit was well done, and tight.

Beyonce...shit...WTF is all that stupid choreography she always does?
I mean, it's not even good dancing, IMO...just a lot of gymnastic moves, and not good ones at that...plus why oh why does she dress up like she has something to show off...?
She's got a good looking face, but OMG, what a freaking wall-of-an-ass she has, and those tree-trunk thighs.
She could suit up and play defense for the Broncos.
Looking at all the slim dancers around her only made her look even fatter. :laughings:

Yeah Coldplay's opening stuff was pretty mediocre. Good thing they had all those fake fans to try to inject some life. Once everybody else came in, the life of the show picked up pretty dramatically. Personally I thought Bruno Mars killed it the most out of the 3 of them. Dude is a slick dancer with a great voice, and just a really good overall entertainer. I've never been into all the Beyonce hype, and still don't see what the big deal is, but she did ok, except for that part where she almost fell lol. Bruno ftw

Yeah...I saw that too. :D
I thought the entire opening sequence by Coldplay sucked...and it reminded me of the closing ceremonies of the China Olympics a few years back with all the Disney like shit going on and the singer running around with that semi-chimpanzee posture hunched over and doing that stupid jumping up and down. :facepalm:
Not to mention...the music was rather "vague" throughout their sequence.

I think Bruno's Uptown Funk bit was well done, and tight.

Beyonce...shit...WTF is all that stupid choreography she always does?
I mean, it's not even good dancing, IMO...just a lot of gymnastic moves, and not good ones at that...plus why oh why does she dress up like she has something to show off...?
She's got a good looking face, but OMG, what a freaking wall-of-an-ass she has, and those tree-trunk thighs.
She could suit up and play defense for the Broncos.
Looking at all the slim dancers around her only made her look even fatter. :laughings:

she doesn't have calves....
she has steers.

I expect perfection for the half time show - to make up for the Canadian stations blocking the US commercials.

I can see that. The one time you actually want US commercials and they block them.

It sounded okay to me, but I had no real expectations. And I had it cranked on my 5.1 system. There were flashing lights and it went untz-untz. It was enough of a spectacle that I didn't really care about the lyrics.

You know they weren't actually playing, right? Mr. Soundguy was basically mixing 3 vocals with a track. And they did a pre-show run-through too.

Of course, but I was mostly looking at all those lights flashing. The "musicians" were just props that moved along with the sound effects. As such I thought it sounded good enough.

12654458_1764646280430580_3056647623995906702_n.png

Back