Subway, Eat Fresh

"BLIMPIE" tattooed across his stomach. That's awesome.

JDOD said:
The face that its accepted that "he'll get his footlong every day" is a pretty shocking indictment of the prison system.

Ass rape is not an institutionalized rule in prison. I would be willing to bet that 97% of prison guards would not consciously let a man incapable of defending himself, no matter how heinous his crime, be raped by other inmates. That's not a bad percentage, considering the only difference between inmates and a lot of prison guards is that the inmates got caught.

Gene Simmons has probably slept with thousands and thousands of women. Surely quite a few of them were underage. I remember on his stupid show he had binders full of polaroids of bitches he's banged. Maybe some of them were underage. I don't know.

I don't condone child molestation or child p0rn on any level by anyone, but I do find it odd that in the eyes of the law and society, a 17 yr old girl is off-limits, but if she turns 18 the next day you can have your way with her. It's weird. Like that one day makes a huge difference. Hell, one second. A girl that's been alive for 17 yrs, 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds is a felony. One second later she's fair game. WTF?

I swear I'm not bustin' your chops here, but...you really HAVE changed. :D

Don't worry, I'm not gonna accuse you of "growing up" or anything! I do agree with your question (observation), though: the chick woke up her 18th birthday, and we were all there to give her our best! :D

I've liked Kiss since I was 8 years old and bought the "Lick It Up" tape (everything up to Alive III- I never even heard any of their stuff after that). I never saw his TV show. I know he's a money-grubber because it's impossible not to know that, but I try to tune it all out because I don't want anything to influence music that I like except the music itself. That said, I understand what you're saying.

Yikes, kinda harsh to see my own quote echoed back at me. Not sure I meant every word of that, and believe me.. I grew up with Kiss too- first makeup era. They were what made me want to play in a band and Alive II was the first record I ever bought for myself. But I guess they've betrayed me musically too many times, so I'm a little bitter. I still think with Destroyer and everything after you really gotta chicken-peck to find the good songs.

I will say this though- I went through a few years of drinkin in my early 30s. Never been a big drinker, so 375+ a day in one sitting was up there for me. But during that time and only that time, I *got* Kiss again. Can't really explain it, it just sounds sooooo good when you're fucked up. But I eventually switched drugs-of-choice, and the Kiss drifted away with the booze. But yeah, I think Kiss, in their best form, are a drinkin' band.

It's kind of hard for Lost Prophets fans to overlook Ian Watkins' behaviour.

I had no idea who he even was, but I see his wiki is all like "CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER!!!!!". Might as well kill yourself in prison with a web presence like that.

I had no idea who he even was, but I see his wiki is all like "CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER!!!!!". Might as well kill yourself in prison with a web presence like that.

Well, he raped a baby. I don't believe there's any coming back from that.

Yikes, kinda harsh to see my own quote echoed back at me. Not sure I meant every word of that, and believe me.. I grew up with Kiss too- first makeup era. They were what made me want to play in a band and Alive II was the first record I ever bought for myself. But I guess they've betrayed me musically too many times, so I'm a little bitter. I still think with Destroyer and everything after you really gotta chicken-peck to find the good songs.

I can appreciate your second sentence. Half the shit I write on here, when I look back at it later, I think, "Did I write that? It's pretty much what I meant, but..."

Alive II is awesome. Even the 5 studio songs at the end are great. I can understand your feelings of betrayal, too, if you felt them as a youngster, which I assume is what you meant. Once we're wise to the ways of the world, we realize that there are other factors that go into a band "betraying" their fans by changing their musical style. I have to confess that I even like some of the songs on their two disco albums... or as I called the albums as a youngster... "Kisco".
fat fleet said:
I will say this though- I went through a few years of drinkin in my early 30s. Never been a big drinker, so 375+ a day in one sitting was up there for me. But during that time and only that time, I *got* Kiss again. Can't really explain it, it just sounds sooooo good when you're fucked up. But I eventually switched drugs-of-choice, and the Kiss drifted away with the booze. .

375+? I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty hardcore.
fat fleet said:
But yeah, I think Kiss, in their best form, are a drinkin' band.

You know what? I never thought to characterize them as such, but that would certainly explain why I like them.

Bubba said:
It's kind of hard for Lost Prophets fans to overlook Ian Watkins' behaviour.

I went to Wikipedia to look up who the hell this is. Assault and even murder can be forgivable, in my opinion, if the guy had a good enough reason to do it. Even if a guy gets charged with rape, sometimes due to circumstances you could ask the question, "Well, was it really rape? Is the woman lying? etc."

There is no gray area with child molestation. There is no place on this planet for these people. I don't care if they have some genetic predisposition to doing it, or whatever other excuse they can come up with. They have to go. That's the bottom line.

Last night we came dangerously close to watching Runaway, a futuristic drama about killer robots with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons.

Back