Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Feel like these are going to be way better than the I-III stuff. I think that these new ones have got the right feel to them.

I agree, the feel looks good so far.

They should pretend 1-3 never happened and re-do them someday IMO. Given the backdrop of the genesis of Darth Vader, those movies could have been so fucking awesome! Forget all the kid crap. Start the first movie with him as padawan. Have him develop into a bad ass and do some bad ass shit at the end. In the second movie he should be a straight up hero - save Yoda's life or something. Most epic jedi ever.

Instead Aniken is not even really the protagonist, he's just a guy that you barely get to know before he murders a bunch of children. It could have been the epic downfall of the most beastest jedi ever. Instead they turned him into a whiny imbecile who is nonsensically manipulated by the emperor.

the irony of the comments about episode I, II and III is that they were even MORE successful than the originals, if you hate them it really doesn't matter because no-one cares, they have been and gone.

the irony of the comments about episode I, II and III is that they were even MORE successful than the originals, if you hate them it really doesn't matter because no-one cares, they have been and gone.

True..nobody should be allowed to point out just how badly they sucked.

True..nobody should be allowed to point out just how badly they sucked.

Anything successful can't possibly suck. Star Wars, Bieber, Disco, Nickelback...all great because they made money.

3b3d5668-4982-440a-9306-70c1342dd45a.jpg

$$$ doesn't equal a good movie. If we hate them, it doesn't really matter, because literally anyone who saw them and has half a brain hates them. Of course they made more money...It had been 16 years since Star Wars junkies got their last fix, so obviously they were all itching to go see Episode I.

I was freaking 8 when the first one came out and even small child guitaristic was saddened by how mediocre it was. :laughings:

I think Lucas was more focused on visuals than story. I even think that in the case of 4-6, but since he had no budget on the first, he had to have more dialog. The story line is about as sim0ple as you can make it, but it works when used.

Spielberg makes a great movies. Lucas, not so much.

Acting was best in this one, but still horrendously bad. Only during the final Anakin/Obi Wan battle did Obi Wan show some decent acting.

I liked Episode 3 for the simple reason that it tied up some loose ends. I grew up with the original three, which as we know are actually episodes 4-6. I saw Empire and Jedi in the fucking movie theater when they were new. I wasn't a dorky sci-fi comic book kid, so for me the movies never really explained how Darth Vader became Darth Vader. He was just there. So #3 kind of finally closed a chapter of my childhood and now the rest of it can suck a dick.

I really enjoyed the scene in episode I where the Darth Sith guy took on the jedi master and won. We knew nothing about this Sith and he kicked some ass. That was cool.

Of course everyone liked III because it finally filled in some gaps. The struggle of Anakin to become Darth Vader wsa cool. The injuries of mind and body; blah blah blah. To an adult, he was so immature, but to a kid, he was confused and under appreciated. It was well-played; ya gotta remember who the target audience was.

If Lucas oriented the films for adults, they could have been extremely good. Like how the latest James Bond movies took on more emotion. But he didn't, they are kids' movies. However, we still have the Godfather trilogy and Apocalypse Now.

Star Wars was an industry changing movie, it had the impact kind of like Hendrix or EVH had on guitar players.

I never saw the last three and I'm not going to bother with this one either. I'll be spending my money on the Avengers next weekend however.:thumbs up:

Star Wars was an industry changing movie, it had the impact kind of like Hendrix or EVH had on guitar players.

I never saw the last three and I'm not going to bother with this one either. I'll be spending my money on the Avengers next weekend however.:thumbs up:

episode one was far more successful that the originals financially though, so it arguably had more of an impact on the 'industry' than the so called classics, you need to see jar jar binks and brian blessed doing the voice of Boss Nass, trust me it's incredible.

episode one was far more successful that the originals financially though, so it arguably had more of an impact on the 'industry' than the so called classics, you need to see jar jar binks and brian blessed doing the voice of Boss Nass, trust me it's incredible.

I would disagree, I don't know how you can compare any of the other movies to the first one other than financially.

Star Wars changed not only the emphasis on genres, it killed blaxploitation and disaster flicks, but it also ushered in the era of effects dependent films. There were always special effects, but it really ramped up at the time.

I've never heard anything but negativity about Jar Jar.

Star Wars IV was such a game changer, I think it is easy to forget how much of a game changer it was. Look at any SciFi before that time.

I saw an interview with Carry Fischer once, and she was talking about reading the lines in the movie. Death Stars, planets blowing up, being on a huge imperial ship and dialog that made no sense. Up until this time, the cast had not seen any of the effects, so everyone was really more or less acting blind.

This movie was so radical for the time, I could imagine how they struggled to get a feel for the movie. The one scene where they blow up her planet, she was just looking at this blank screen, having to react. Still find it really amazing how those people pulled this off on the first one.

Back