Spot the Grammar errors

ido1957

9K Gold Member
This is from a PDF response I received from my Natural Gas Provider (account number was changed without notice):
I guess they're outsourcing to India too....

Account Number: 76000XXXXXX
Thank you for contacting Direct Energy Regulated Services. We recently received your

We just received your email regarding to your concern about changing the account number. We do
apologized for the inconvenience that you were not able to received a notification and were migrated
to a new system so that we can provide a better service and you may update to your bank with the new
account number

If you have any additional questions, please e-mail us at DERS.Inquiries@directenergy.com or call us
toll-free at 1-866-420-3174 Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Mountain Standard time.

Thank you again for allowing Direct Energy Regulated Services to serve you.

This is from a PDF response I received from my Natural Gas Provider (account number was changed without notice):
I guess they're outsourcing to India too....

Account Number: 76000XXXXXX
Thank you for contacting Direct Energy Regulated Services. We recently received your

We just received your email regarding to your concern about changing the account number. We do
apologized for the inconvenience that you were not able to received a notification and were migrated
to a new system so that we can provide a better service and you may update to your bank with the new
account number

If you have any additional questions, please e-mail us at DERS.Inquiries@directenergy.com or call us
toll-free at 1-866-420-3174 Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Mountain Standard time.

Thank you again for allowing Direct Energy Regulated Services to serve you.

Is that a Lamebo post?

See, I'd have said "Spot the grammatical errors".... that being the adjectival form of the noun "grammar". :cursing::spank:;)

I'd say that the worker tasked with creating that copy got the message across, despite their language barrier. Offhand I'd say that people got fucked on both ends of that deal.

Would the outsourcing of such customer service tasks to a place with better written language standards mitigate the issue for you?

I received a graduation party invitation that had a bunch of misspelled words in it awhile back, I found it amusing.

I received a graduation party invitation that had a bunch of misspelled words in it awhile back, I found it amusing.

Yeah NA kids suck at spelling - I attribute it to the reduction of books read for entertainment. (It secretly teaches you how to spell and use grammar) lol

I had a cryptic email from an Indian trainer today and I STG I could not understand what the email meant. I'll try and post it tomorrow...

My sons end of year school report written by teaching staff contained numerous grammatical errors and quite a few spelling mistakes. I corrected it in red pen and returned it... Seems the head teacher insisted that they write them personally after receiving complaints that in previous years there had been a lot of c&p found in many of the kids reports.. I am still awaiting the completed report to be submitted.

The only problem with receiving and email like this is it looks like a phishing scam trying to get you to direct your bank account to them.

Back