So true....

Usual Fireworks Objects

Actually, the most unusual one was these two points of light which stayed in geosynchronous orbit above the city, roughly were Venus would sit in the sky. But this was not Venus because it was far too bright. Might have been a blimp with front and rear nav lights but even with 20x binoculars, I couldn't make out any blimp-like shape to the craft. Stayed put for several hours without moving an inch.

Most unusual!

Cheers! :)

Actually, the most unusual one was these two points of light which stayed in geosynchronous orbit above the city, roughly were Venus would sit in the sky. But this was not Venus because it was far too bright. Might have been a blimp with front and rear nav lights but even with 20x binoculars, I couldn't make out any blimp-like shape to the craft. Stayed put for several hours without moving an inch.

Most unusual!

Joking right? Venus and Jupiter conjunction last night. Look again tonight - they'll be a little further apart. Won't get that close again until 2023.

Joking right? Venus and Jupiter conjunction last night. Look again tonight - they'll be a little further apart. Won't get that close again until 2023.

I've been spotting them on the way home lately... the days are getting longer now and as I'm walking home it's in the "not quite dark" phase as we move through winter... bit of dark blue in the sky... those two are the only "stars" you can see and jeez they're bright. Great sight...

Most unusual!

Wow. Paranormal. Plus a full moon. Not bad for free.

Back