SNL Does a Serious Skit for Once

I've never stopped watching SNL. I just keep doing it as routine. It hasn't been good for several years though. It's a chore to sit through an entire episode. Thank God for DVRs.

Ahhh that was pretty good. I watched SNL up until Hader/Armisen/Sudeikis left, because I thought it went to utter crap after that.

I've never stopped watching SNL. I just keep doing it as routine. It hasn't been good for several years though. It's a chore to sit through an entire episode. Thank God for DVRs.

Same here. I watch it just about every week. The DVR is perfect because you can fast forward through the terrible musical guest and all of the painfully unfunny sketches. Some seasons, that's pretty much the entire episode. Weekend update has picked up this year though, I think that Jost and Che are finally drumming up some chemistry.

The episode with the bit linked above had Courtney Barnett as the musical guest. I like that chick. I've been listening to her LP lately, and I saw her live at Red Rocks opening for Spoon last summer.

SNL should do all serious skits. They should nix the live audience, refocus on a medieval setting, and have one of the characters get naked all the time.

Back