slowing down as we get older

TAE

All you have is now
Was watching a PBS moneyathon with James Taylor and Carol King..

Shit I was watching this PBS show and holy slow motion... I really dug these tunes as a kid but the way they were playing them made me want to take a nap or freeking change the channel..

Last edited:
I recommend Flogging Molly Live at the Greek Theatre.

Mandolins, violins and mosh pits....

I saw Carole King doing a live version Natural Woman on tv in the last few years. Voice and piano mostly. It was powerful, brought a tear to my eye.

Ah, in the UK we have Ceebeebees.

I had to google that, but yeah, that's pretty much what PBS is like. The mornings are filled with children's educational shows. The afternoons and evenings are filled with fundraisers, orchestral concerts, televised book clubs, random british soap operas, and guys in corduroy jackets with suede elbow patches talking local politics.

Sorry guys, but I'll admit it. I love PBS. Not everything on it, just like any other network, but then some things are geared towards certain demographics, as they should be.

Yeah, they still have Lawrence Welk reruns on Saturday night, but it gives my 88 year old mom something to watch that she actually enjoys. There ought to be something on TV for everyone.

I like some of the oldies shows that are from my generation, like JT and Carol King, but there are other things, too. Austin City Limits, that one that's in the garage, can't think of the name, etc. Jazz stuff, biographies of musicians, and other artists.

Then there's Nova, lots of science and nature shows made for adults, Frontline, POV, and on and on.

Sorry there's no WWE wrestling or cagematch fights or beer commercials.

I've been watching PBS for going on thirty years. The News Hour, Austin City Limits, Nova, Frontline, local interest shows like Chicago Tonight and Check Please (amateur reviews of Chicago-area restaurants). What's not to like?

Whats kind of funny is I came upon this show while scanning through a gazillion channels of Direct TV at my Aunts shack this weekend.

At home we just have OTA ( over the air ) and Tivo and that is more TV than we can or want to watch. With Tivo we have the netflix, Hulu and Youtube and a shit load of other stuff. We killed cable 10 years ago. Of course in Lala land we have 30 or so OTA channels of which at least 15 are watchable so it ain't all that limited anyway.

We've watched PBS forever..good for the grandkids too!

Well, where I'm stuck now there are exactly 4 OTAs, and no OTA PBS. If I didn't have cable (also the internet provider, otherwise it would be DSL), I'd have shot myself a long time ago. And between high wind, storms, hail and snow, I sure don't want a dish.

I had to google that, but yeah, that's pretty much what PBS is like. The mornings are filled with children's educational shows. The afternoons and evenings are filled with fundraisers, orchestral concerts, televised book clubs, random british soap operas, and guys in corduroy jackets with suede elbow patches talking local politics.

I love that shit.

---------- Update ----------

I've been watching PBS for going on thirty years. The News Hour, Austin City Limits, Nova, Frontline, local interest shows like Chicago Tonight and Check Please (amateur reviews of Chicago-area restaurants). What's not to like?

Wait! What?? There's more than ACL on PBS??? :confused: ???

---------- Update ----------

My mom is into them.

So is my 9 yr old. :)

Back