Slim Gordon, Pistol Packing Preacher.

Tremaine

Chancellor of the EOPA
Hey dudes, Slim Gordon, was my great uncle, <great great?> he passed away a couple days ago. i only met the dude once, i regret it to <in hindsight, i should have forced myway into his life> but he lived accrossed the country, guess he was 80 something. he lived a good life.

anyway, im looking for his songs, he released 3 or 4 albums that i<we> know of, dont know what there called thou. he rote pistol packing preacher, but he sold it, and someone else made if famous.<don messer?> Im hoping that some of you dudes with your extensive music collections may have picked up something of his over the years. i'd buy the records if anyone had um, doutful thou. even slim lost his own records in a fire, years ago.

if anyones got any of his tunes i demand that you please share with me, and if anyone knew him, <i guess he's been around the indrustry since the 50's> please share.

thanks brothers and sister.
Tremaine.

heres one of his tunes

WHAT A WASTE OF GOOD CORN LIKKER
Slim Gordon

I have lost my blue eyed darlin'. Now I sit with a broken heart
By the cabin in the Carolina hills.
Oh, I loved the shiner's daughter, loved her true with all my heart,
Until she fell into her pappy's liquor still.

CHORUS: Oh what a waste of good corn liquor,
From the still they pulled the plug.
Now the revenuers snicker cause she melted in the liquor
And they had to bury poor Lilly by the jug.

Cousin Caleb on the Jew's harp played a mighty mournful tune.
Kinfolks bowed their heads and gathered round.
Then I heard the parson sing, "Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes"
As we watched them pour poor Lilly in the ground. CHORUS

Now I'm sittin in the twilight, 'neath the weepin' willow tree.
The sun is slowly sinkin' in the west,
An' I'm claspin' to my bosom a little jug of Lilly May.
With a lonely heart I'm longin' for her breast. CHORUS

its awsome. i wish i got to know the dude.
!~

"Slim Gordon, country music singer, writer and promoter, was born in Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia, in 1926...'Sunday Night Country Style' is the name of a weekly 'Jamboree' promoted and emceed by Slim Gordon at the 'Red Barn' in Oshawa, Ontario, which stars Slim and his band, along with his talented daughter Shirley. Stars of the Grand Ole Opry and WWVA Jamboree also appear regularly on this show along with Canada's leading C&W entertainers.

Hello Tremaine, I knew your great uncle several years ago. Slim performed at several bars in the Collingwood area and had quite a following. I had one of his Albums, "The Ungratful Son", but over the years it was lost or stolen. I don't have a lot more info than that but if I find anymore aboput him I will let you know

I know this is a 6 year old post, but Tremaine is still active somewhat (well, as of November, at least)...

Back