Say wha...no cash accepted?

However, on the other hand, in Korea there doesn't seem to be a problem if you go into a bank and deposit cash money into an account which is not your own. That is the type of circumstance which started this thread, here (in Bank of America) you can't.
What I am saying is--I don't think that the limitations on cash in the US are for government-control. Here in Korea... there is a lot of control. If they could control you that way.. I think they would... and no one would complain.

I think the cashlessness in the states is a result of a 'free' market. That is, free for major corporations to manipulate to their own advantage, and to the disadvantage of the common person.
The old arguments against 'government control' from the right, and to 'eat the rich' from the left are both shortsighted, IMO. The government doesn't control ~anything~...and the class war already happened... but we lost. Starbucks won. Chevron won. Merck won. Happy birthday to us.

/rant

I'm not entirely sure what you're on about, but okay.

Have you read the entire thread? Thread suffered a bit of drift. I'm thinking we are agreeing on some things. Initially thread had little to nothing to do with government control, more to do with a bank not accepting cash for a deposit while being perfectly fine with accepting a currency of their choosing.....check, electronic transfer, etc. Sort of an in-house currency control with attached fees and a play by our rules or you don't play at all policy attached. I offered that a possible solution would be for the government to step in to put a stop to it not only in banks but elsewhere as well, make it law that gov't issued cash currency must be accepted. Some disagreed, thought there was no need for the government to control the controversy over the use of cash being turned away in favor of cashless electronic currency commerce. I'm not a big government guy, I believe private businesses should be free to set policy. But it is only the government who can resolve the issue, as at times is the case. I believe a business should be able to refuse to accept any form of payment, except cash money government issued legal tender. It's a no brainer, logical, I would think.

Tired, best I could do to summarize. Goodnight. :yawn:

Happy early B-day, dude.

Eh, anyway. Hope you have something fun planned for your birthday, EZ. Saturday night, sweet!

Thanks, Mick. I have an 18 mile run planned for the morning. Then two beers and a two hour nap. Then a friend's Derby party. Woohoo! :laughings:

Thanks, Mick. I have an 18 mile run planned for the morning. Then two beers and a two hour nap. Then a friend's Derby party. Woohoo! :laughings:

An 18 mile run? Damn, what'd you do, that sounds like punishment. Careful you don't get a heart attack, you're getting old, you know. Nah, I shouldn't have said that. Seriously, don't get a fuckin' heart attack!...and the ponies are cool. Sounds like a good full day.

An 18 mile run? Damn, what'd you do, that sounds like punishment. Careful you don't get a heart attack, you're getting old, you know. Nah, I shouldn't have said that. Seriously, don't get a fuckin' heart attack!...and the ponies are cool. Sounds like a good full day.

Training for a full 26.2 mile marathon in four weeks. It gets worse.

Back