Sam Adams Rebel Rouser Double IPA

Those IPA beers are straight from the devil himself; I think I'd rather drink a glass of toilet water than an IPA - waaay too bitter.
My taste buds have just latched on to hoppy bitterness. It really can"t be too bitter for me. I like it to have a fair amount of citrus flavor,too!
But, I've always been into wheat beers and stouts so I guess it's just a matter of taste. La Fin Du Monde, brewed in Quebec, is my go-to beer - a solid wheat in a corked bottle with plenty of flavor.
I had the same reaction to stout when I first had it that you had to IPA. I got used to it, and can drink a stout and appreciate. I can't find anything about any of the wheat beers I've tried that I like.

Here I was thinking if it tastes good..it is good!:D

We have moved on from good to gooder....:)

---------- Update ----------

Cool, will do. I don't remember having had it before, but been to enough beer festivals over the years that I may have done.

Agreed on German beers, though I don't think I've ever had much other than a Pilsner. Konig pilsner's a good bottled one for a hot day I think.

On the US front, Brooklyn lager is fairly widely available on draft over here now and always a solid choice.

I doubt very much if the spingo gets off the premises... Worth a trip when you are nearby though...;)

I have a feeling most 'mericans wouldn't know a good beer if it hit them in the head! ;)

Cheers! :)

This ,merican lived in Europe for 14 years and had lots of great brews. I quit drinking when I came back to the states in 1998 because there was nothing here fit to drink.

The way this reads to me, it could very well be British sports lingo! :D

If ever you get to England me and you should have a really good long game of Spingo... I'll buy the first one...:drunk:

Seriously though, what british beers can you get over there? Maybe we could pass on our thoughts on how they are regarded here. Steer you on a tasting mission..

Back