Ronda Rousey = Mike Tyson

Greg_L

Banned
Her last 4 fights total 130 seconds? Lol. I don't even like MMA, but this woman is pure domination.

The thing is, there would be nothing I could do.I'd be unconscious in way less than 34 seconds!

11376312_720800658064437_2065874493_n.jpg

Pretty sure you mean Ronda Rousey > Mike Tyson....she beat the hell out of that girl last night, and that girl was undefeated.

Pretty sure she needs to start fighting small men now :D

Hopefully she doesn't have mental collapse and capitulate as soon as someone doesn't immediately get KOd like what happened with Tyson!

I don't think she's as mentally deranged as Tyson was. As far as I can tell, she's a lot more stable.

Maybe yall don't remember Tyson in his prime though. He was absolutely and completely dominant....and boxers don't get to throw knees and grapple and break people's arms. He just punched and his punches were sledgehammers. For a while there he was physically and mentally invincible and no one came close. Rousey is like that right now. This psychotic woman Rousey beat up the other night was undefeated, and Rousey abused her like a rag doll. Like I said, I'm not even a fan of UFC/MMA. I think it's mostly stupid. But this kind of complete and total dominance by someone in their respective sport is rare and I certainly can appreciate it.

I don't think she's as mentally deranged as Tyson was. As far as I can tell, she's a lot more stable.

Maybe yall don't remember Tyson in his prime though. He was absolutely and completely dominant....and boxers don't get to throw knees and grapple and break people's arms. He just punched and his punches were sledgehammers. For a while there he was physically and mentally invincible and no one came close.
Tyson's "Prime" was a pretty short period though from like 86-89; when he annhialated Mike Spinks.

After that he's not really got any signature wins - and he seemed to run out of ideas when people weren't paralysed by fear (like Spinks - he looks terrified during the refs instructions!) and could relax and stay in control under the pressure.

He did hit hard though and had cracking fast hands for a heavyweight.

Tyson's "Prime" was a pretty short period though from like 86-89; when he annhialated Mike Spinks.

After that he's not really got any signature wins - and he seemed to run out of ideas when people weren't paralysed by fear (like Spinks - he looks terrified during the refs instructions!) and could relax and stay in control under the pressure.

He did hit hard though and had cracking fast hands for a heavyweight.

He was just an animal. He wasn't even really much of a boxer. But for that short period of time he destroyed people and there weren't many worthy opponents. It all came undone when he got fat and lazy and got beat by Buster Douglas. There's no way in hell Buster would have won that fight had Tyson taken it even halfway seriously. I don't see Ronda Rousey suffering that same fate. I think she'll retire undefeated. She's probably one foot out the door anyway.

He was just an animal. He wasn't even really much of a boxer. But for that short period of time he destroyed people and there weren't many worthy opponents. It all came undone when he got fat and lazy and got beat by Buster Douglas. There's no way in hell Buster would have won that fight had Tyson taken it even halfway seriously. I don't see Ronda Rousey suffering that same fate. I think she'll retire undefeated. She's probably one foot out the door anyway.

See, I think early Tyson was actually a good boxer too. Actually kept his hands high and had good defence. After Cus D'Amato died he started trying to rely on his power and started to abandon his defence. By the time he fought Buster he was already half way into a breakdown. A guy like Tyson was never going to be able to keep it together though with all the personal problems he had.

If she's got her head screwed on she'll be fine. Given how fit she is, she can probably build a brand for herself and create an effective business outside fighting.

She's already a pop-culture superstar over here. Everyone seems to love her. She's the kind of story americans like - started with nothing, humble beginnings, tough childhood, lived in her car, worked her way to the very top of her field. Americans love that shit.

She's already a pop-culture superstar over here. Everyone seems to love her. She's the kind of story americans like - started with nothing, humble beginnings, tough childhood, lived in her car, worked her way to the very top of her field. Americans love that shit.

Ah, so she's achived the "American Dream" Is that what you call it? I think the irony being that as society gets more and more divided its actually getting harder and harder to achieve.

Just saw her in the new Fast and Furious movie...Michelle Rodriguez lasted more than 34 seconds with her lol I read somewhere that she wants to go into WWE as that is her dream. Not sure if thats true or not.

Ah, so she's achived the "American Dream" Is that what you call it? I think the irony being that as society gets more and more divided its actually getting harder and harder to achieve.

I think it's still achievable. You just have to work really hard and make sacrifices. Most americans are not willing to do either.

She's good to the fans too. One of my friends met her in Vegas and she put him in an arm bar so they could take pics. He said she was great.

Back