Purple Haze all in my brain

TAE

All you have is now
My band in 1977... kind of a fun night.. guitar wankery at its finest!

Wow over 100 views here and not a single comment...man I knew this was special n all but I didn't think it would leave you all flipping speechless :laughings:

The Kid from Madrid was definitely on that night.

Thanks man!

two mics in the PA going into a sony B&W reel to reel video recorder...a lot of tape...The PA was pretty awesome that night..

In regards to 38 years later....

Though I still get a chance now and then to play with Macias,...about 5 years ago( after @ a 30 year hiatus ) I joined a classic rock cover band ...I went to high school with the two guitarist...They've been playing together since their early teens..we're picky about when and where we play so we're lucky to get out 3 or 4 times a year... the one below was recorded in 2011...we still can rock...playing in a few weeks...maybe get a video of it...

Last edited:
I was going to comment earlier today but I was at work and didn't get the chance. it's a cool video TAE. yall were getting down man!
you're lucky to have a video of it bro. I wish I had videos of my bands from back in the day.

Thanks Jimi I was curious what you would think being such a Jimi fan n all.

I guess I kind of took it for granted about the videos...There are a ton of us old farts that would give their eye teeth for "proof of the pudding" of our days in the sun...all we have is the memories and the typical "oh yeah right" when reminiscing with folks that were or weren't there.

Other than the Hollywood Palladium gig (it was super beta) these were the reel to reel B&W tapes that I couldn't get copies of because the tapes had become "sticky / gummy". I had to send them to a special company and paid @ $400 to bake and then convert to digital. I can't believe how long it takes to upload these suckers to youtube...Purple Haze took almost 2 hours...

here's another original from the same night "Storm of the Messiah" 2 hours plus to upload..

We were puppies at the song writing arranging stuff so some of it is, IMO, overdone... too repetitive but it definitely has its moments of rocking...

That was cool.

My favorite part is Bernie from Room 222 freaking out in the front row. :D

That was cool.

My favorite part is Bernie from Room 222 freaking out in the front row. :D

Yeah that guy was pretty excited...:thumbs up:

It was a California summer night in 1977...there were 2000+ people there...somebody was selling the glow sticks and glow rope rings ( unauthorized BTW) and people were throwing the stuff around so a lot of the crowd was glowing... I would estimate 10% were frying on L / 70% high on pot and the sober ones just scratching their heads going WTF did I get myself into.. :laughings: Dems was the days of purple haze..

Couple of hardcore fans in the front, do you still have any long term fans that still turn up?

LOL! CDR is still a local legend and we still have a lot of friends / fans in Los Angeles...Like the company that filmed our concerts, at the time, most thought we were surely on our way to the big time...e.g. the videos would be worth $$$$

There were 3 versions of CDR and promoters have tried to get us to do a local reunion concert for the last 20 years...Mostly drama and egos have stopped that from happening...I was able to pull most of the band in the video above together on my 50th birthday to play one freeking song...it was cool and my Mom finally got to see her sonny boy in action before she passed.

I have gotten the core members to agree to get together to clean up ( fricking shorten ) and record some of our better tunes and at least do a very laid back invitation only back yard party ...

Between chasing my current business venture dreams, my regular life ( wife, kids n grand kids ) It's not been my main focus and if I don't make it happen, it won't happen..

Getting these tapes converted took forever but I finally got that done...whew!

Once I get them together and we can actually get a schedule and get some of the tunes recorded there is a chance after the laid back gig we could do one last hurrah concert in a nice venue here in Los Angeles..I have no doubt we could still fill a pretty big venue if we promoted it.

I noticed the pants weren't as tight in the later videos. Everything sounded good for live.

I noticed the pants weren't as tight in the later videos. Everything sounded good for live.

Always got to be a smart ass in the crowd :laughings:

BTW the "BACK IN THE DAZE" band is not CDR...just me on keys... The CDR boys still look like rock stars....very old, run hard and put to pasture rock stars...in baggy pants :thumbs up:

Always got to be a smart ass in the crowd :laughings:

BTW the "BACK IN THE DAZE" band is not CDR...just me on keys... The CDR boys still look like rock stars....very old, run hard and put to pasture rock stars...in baggy pants :thumbs up:

I only noticed it as my pants these days are the "relaxed" fit.

Fricking drummer with his wash board abs... we made him go out and sing like a girl ;)

And yes those are clear acrylic "Fibes" he's drumming on...man they sounded sweet..

hehehehe....
in 1977 I was a 28 in the waste....
now I refuse to wear Levis because the pants size is displayed on the back tag.
lol

Seriously you stinkin commies...what's the 4th without some national anthem action......

and a few stratocaster bombs bursting in air? :)

Back