Post your latest purchase!

I have a DBX GoRack coming in the mail.
Should simplify my setup for Band and DJ gigs.
dbxGoRackAngle_original.png

Let us know how it works for you. I've never had any feedback or EQ issues bother me in live situations, probably because its mostly acoustic stuff. I saw thi son Facebook (didn't everyone?) for $29.

Agreed on the name, but that looks pretty nice! I've eyed their website before as I can't afford an actual fender, but I assumed they must be garbage at that price...I take it they're not?

I wouldn't know how to file frets...are you going to do that yourself?

It plays really nice. I don't think they are garbage. There is a lot of love for Guitar Fetish at HR. The necks are straight and stable. Pickups are better than stock (supposedly). I'm not an expert, but Lt Bob is and he says good things about GF.

I have an idea on how to file the frets down, but I'll look at some YouTube videos before doing anything.

It plays really nice. I don't think they are garbage. There is a lot of love for Guitar Fetish at HR. The necks are straight and stable. Pickups are better than stock (supposedly). I'm not an expert, but Lt Bob is and he says good things about GF.

I have an idea on how to file the frets down, but I'll look at some YouTube videos before doing anything.

I kind of feel like ordering one now...thanks.

Let us know how it works for you. I've never had any feedback or EQ issues bother me in live situations, probably because its mostly acoustic stuff. I saw thi son Facebook (didn't everyone?) for $29.

Will do! Proaudiostar (the company offering it for $29) also has it listed on ebay. Put in an offer for 25 and it was accepted.
I normally don't have feedback issues live with my rock band but it will be nice to have something that functions as a compact mixer and a safety net for feedback / clipping.
Unlike the Driverack PA it should be simple enough for my bandmates to use. If only UPS would deliver it already :)

Agreed on the name, but that looks pretty nice! I've eyed their website before as I can't afford an actual fender, but I assumed they must be garbage at that price...I take it they're not?

I wouldn't know how to file frets...are you going to do that yourself?

my surf/puke green axe is a Xavierre...my second one...very good for the price

Hay I have one of those AKAI tape machines ....somewhere:confused: I used it to mix from my 3340S, never through anything away. I remember the AKAI sounding really good.

Alan.

Hay I have one of those AKAI tape machines ....somewhere:confused: I used it to mix from my 3340S, never through anything away. I remember the AKAI sounding really good.

Alan.

yeah I think theyre pretty good for the budget, no frills but sold by the bucket load so theres plenty of parts and working models about.

stangray.jpg
A Dr.Z Stang Ray 30w head and matching 2x12 cab is now part of my stable. The cabinet is loaded with Weber speakers, an Alnico silver and an Alnico blue, and it's got the Z-brake attenuator built in.

Unfortunately, living at the in-laws until our house is complete means this puppy stays at the shop - out of room and no way she's going into storage... Only a few more months, hopefully.

Also got a 1967 fender Coronado XII a few weeks back; it's in great shape but needs a setup and new strings in a bad way. Not bad for a 12-string though!

A new computer. A picture would be boring because the case is boring.

But I will post the specs:

Corsair silent ed. 100R case
Corsair RM650 PSU
Corsair H60 CPU cooler
i7 6700K
Gigabyte LGA1151 Z170 ATX UD5 DDR4 Mobo
Crucial Balistix 16GB 2400 RAM
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
EVGA GT 740 superclocked GPU (2gig) ----> honestly this wasn't nessesary. I should have gotten something better or just ditched this.
Syba FW PCI-e card (2 FW800 and 1 FW400)
Samsung sata DVD/R 24x internal optical drive

I still want to add 2 M.2 500GB drives and snag a better GPU.

Last edited:
I paid $100 for a loaded dragonfire start pick guard from tnt guitars off of eBay. By the time I bought a guitar that it would drop into I only had a week before the 30 day return was up. (It would not fit in my peavey)

Long story short, the guard was worried wrong. The middle and bridge PJ's grounds were wired to the hots on the toggle switches. This, and defected pots made me ask for a refund / replacement.....nope, your 2 days out of the 30 day return period, take a hike.

TNT Guitars ripped me for $100, so beware. I had to fix there flawed workmanship, and get the run around until I could do nothing.

Just a heads up..........

A new computer. A picture would be boring because the case is boring.

But I will post the specs:

Corsair silent ed. 100R case
Corsair RM650 PSU
Corsair H60 CPU cooler
i7 6700K
Gigabyte LGA1151 Z170 ATX UD5 DDR4 Mobo
Crucial Balistix 16GB 2400 RAM
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
EVGA GT 740 superclocked GPU (2gig) ----> honestly this wasn't nessesary. I should have gotten something better or just ditched this.
Syba FW PCI-e card (2 FW800 and 1 FW400)
Samsung sata DVD/R 24x internal optical drive

I still want to add 2 M.2 500GB drives and snag a better GPU.

Cool dude, pretty nice! Did you build it yourself? I'm looking at building something pretty similar in specs to this in the next couple of weeks, as my last build is nearing 4 years old.

Lol!This is really a deadly combination and I hope that I will not have to face it. I'll look with a sense of humor, you guys are fine :)

And as for my purchase so it was buying a Bluetooth JBL speaker . Cool thing like all the products of this brand. Now you can mix through the phone lying over the willow and immediately listen (the scheme for lazy people).
It will be necessary as that to create the gang of guitarists - gangsters and to go for a drive on such lovely bus:)
:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :eatpopcorn:

Last edited:
I actually just picked up a Behrinegr X32 secondhand, primarily for use with my larger PA system on which I use a QSC touchmix 16 at the moment, love the touchmix but really miss faders. I'l keep the touchmix for smaller gigs and corporate type gigs. Got the x32 for a price I could no refuse. May also end up using it for location band recording as well if I need more channels than the touchmix.

Why do I keep feeling like a gear junkie?
Alan.

Musikraft Tele neck...ebony $50 used but like new.

I'd worn down the Squier 51 neck, first few frets, grabbed a new neck due to not knowing how to fix. So far this one is alright but different than the maple. Its my beater guitar but I didnt want to toss it out, but didnt want to spend money on a fret job either.

tomorrow....who knows what I might buy? or sell? seems I do this more than playing these days.

adding: I bought this in a parking lot after having too many beers...the truss nut was stripped trashed and the 3rd fret is buzz on the A...its a waste of money....lost money on Craigslist garbage and low life sellers with low life gear. ..where I shop and keep saying I need to quit.

Last edited:
Back