Post and Thread Killer

junplugged

Taking the slow road
so I'm loggin in, I start a thread with many insighful observations, very useful to many people, including newbs and experts alike, all very well written with linguistic sophistication, nearly scholarly and very comprehendible and informative, and creative and awesome, then I click on post and it asks me to log in and all is lost.

It logged me out during composition and you wonder why there is less traffic, it's not all because of facebook groups, and no, I'm not botherthing to re-write my stunningly intellectual prosaic accomplishment, I'm done.

When you're logging in you should click 'remember me'.

For the here and now, a draft should have been autosaved. Create a new post as you were and click 'restore from save' or whatever it says at the bottom left of the text field.

Used to happen to me all the time, so I stopped bothering. That's why the people here have remained uneducated. They have been deprived of my deeply insightful observations.

Used to happen to me all the time, so I stopped bothering. That's why the people here have remained uneducated. They have been deprived of my deeply insightful observations.

Is this a real issue? Are you both on computers where you don't want to tick 'remember me', or is it not working?

I don't remember the last time I got logged out of here but, if there's a real problem, please post your OS + browsers and I'll tag in admin.

Is this a real issue? Are you both on computers where you don't want to tick 'remember me', or is it not working?

I don't remember the last time I got logged out of here but, if there's a real problem, please post your OS + browsers and I'll tag in admin.

Yeah, I am curious why this would be an issue. I literally have been logged in for 5 years continuously.

Well, except for that one time...

There were times in the past where the site seemed pretty flaky, I'd def 'save often before chance posting.
Not lately though.

I've lost a lengthy post a couple times recently. I hit 'Post Reply' and it just didn't show up and I was logged in before and after the attempted post. It didn't occur to me to look for the 'autosave' and I'm not sure where I would have looked for it (I did just noticed the little popup on this post stating 'Autosaved').

Well...If anyone's being logged out after clicking 'remember me', please state it clearly here.

I was logged out for some reason last week. I kept seeing "log in to remove ads" or something? Couldn't figure out why. Then I realized I was in fact logged out.

OK, Thanks folks.

We've been trying to sort out a few long-standing issues with admin recently, so I've added this to the list.
If it continues to happen can you (anyone) add a +1 here, please?

If you click 'remember me' and your browser has no privacy/auto cache clearing that would interfere, no; It shouldn't log you out.

Well, so far it's kept me logged on for an hour, so I guess I'll call it a success. Before, about 5-10 minutes of no activity would've logged me out. I swear I've done this before a bunch of times and it didn't work, but it seems to now.

Thanks.

If you click 'remember me' and your browser has no privacy/auto cache clearing that would interfere, no; It shouldn't log you out.

I've been logged out, but not in the middle of posting. A couple times in as many months recently I've showed up on the forum and needed to login. It's likely a cookie setting in the admin panel, maybe set to 30 days. Both of the times recently I was visiting from my laptop, which I don't do very often (mostly visit from my home and work desktop). So that would make sense if it had been a certain number of days since my last visit on the laptop. I obviously select "remember me" when I'm using any of these three devices. My google autofill works fine to get me back in using my cached username/password.

I only come here on my phone running chrome. It has never logged me out.
I click on the site, and bingo! I'm in. I guess it remembers me.
:D

loggings in/out has become the most fun/exciting thingses about this place, sadlies. :o

also, maneuvering tl;dr

jk, k thnx bai

/log

Back