PokemonNo

haha, people in the office have just been talking about that. I jsut don't understand it.

One guy was saying that apparently it works at under 15MPH so its ideal when you're sitting in traffic in the city.

haha, people in the office have just been talking about that. I jsut don't understand it.

One guy was saying that apparently it works at under 15MPH so its ideal when you're sitting in traffic in the city.

Go up to that guy, and politely beat the fuck out of him.

Go up to that guy, and politely beat the fuck out of him.

haha, I just told him you said that - he laughed and asked if I'd like to go out in the carpark and he'd show me how to catch a pokemon; there's a lot around our office apparently...

He's 37 too :(

I saw a video (it is on the internet so it's credibility is questionable) of people leaving their cars in the middle of the street and storming into Central Park NYC to "catch" some rare imaginary virtual creature that popped up in the park. People were running with phones in hand to get this thing. Adult people. Losing their minds over a fake game monster. :facepalm:

haha, I just told him you said that - he laughed and asked if I'd like to go out in the carpark and he'd show me how to catch a pokemon; there's a lot around our office apparently...

He's 37 too :(

Carpark huh? Seems like a good place to bash his face into something blunt and take his phone away.

Carpark huh? Seems like a good place to bash his face into something blunt and take his phone away.

We were just chatting about it. He does have a 7 year old girl - was saying that they went out for a couple our on the weekend for a walk, looking for Pokemons. Now that makes sense, its a good way of just getting out with his daughter and messing about. I can kind of see the point of that.

04c93054-4a26-11e6-bde2-88ea9f1c6889_1280x720.jpg

I've messed around with it for fun, but don't take it seriously like most of the people. Thought it was pretty meh. But real story-- a friend of mine was biking the other day and legit got hit by a car (not injured) bc the driver was playing Pokemon Go, and actually admitted to it lol! People are insane.

I saw a video (it is on the internet so it's credibility is questionable) of people leaving their cars in the middle of the street and storming into Central Park NYC to "catch" some rare imaginary virtual creature that popped up in the park. People were running with phones in hand to get this thing. Adult people. Losing their minds over a fake game monster. :facepalm:

Ah, yes. The next phase of dumbing down of the society!
Haha! The plan is working.
:D

That photo shows why this might not be such a bad thing. When was the last time something motivated those 20-something geeks to get off the couch and go for a walk?

I first heard of this Pokemon Go thing within the past week. Since then, I've been spotting players everywhere. On my dog walk yesterday, I saw a pair of young people and a dude who must have been near my age playing this game. The telltale behavior: Faces buried in their smart phones, walk, walk slower, stop, turn, hold up the phone, walk...

Then again, I've been playing far too much World of Warships lately...

The idea may have been to get some of the zitfaced virgin neckbeards out for a walk, and that probably works in urban areas. But it's not happening that way in most of the world. Most people just drive to a spot, maybe get out, throw a virtual pokeball, get back in the car and leave. More often they never leave the car. Sometimes they don't even stop the car.

Back