Planet Earth 2

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Anyone watching this? One of the best made nature documentaries. Stunning high-def photography.

The complexity of life on earth is quite amazing. In all places, in all type of conditions.

The photography is beautiful and the stories of the animals are amazing. Its been dumbed down for the yank audience though. There's little or no mention of evolution is any of it, which is actually a crucial aspect how how and why various plants and animals fill their niche.

Causes some people to lose their shit to the point where it would significantly affect viewing figures though.

The photography is beautiful and the stories of the animals are amazing. Its been dumbed down for the yank audience though. There's little or no mention of evolution is any of it, which is actually a crucial aspect how how and why various plants and animals fill their niche.

Causes some people to lose their shit to the point where it would significantly affect viewing figures though.
Evolution? :eek:

Next you'll be trying to tell us climate change is real. :mad:

:)

Its been dumbed down for the yank audience though. There's little or no mention of evolution is any of it...

If that's true, that is sad. I watched this with my 4 year old son and I would hate it if he was missing out on knowledge so that some willfully ignorant person wouldn't be offended to the point where they change the channel. Here in the USA we indeed have a huge contingent of partisans who are anti-science. Even being around it my whole life, the levels of denial are shocking. Politically, they are dominating right now.

I don't know of any issue where I disagree with the scientific consensus.

I had to give up watching nature documentaries because one of our dogs gets too worked up when he sees animals on tv. But this is on my short list of must watch series.

I had to give up watching nature documentaries because one of our dogs gets too worked up when he sees animals on tv. But this is on my short list of must watch series.
Its actually actually spectacular to watch.

---------- Update ----------

Its actually actually spectacular to watch.

If that's true, that is sad. I watched this with my 4 year old son and I would hate it if he was missing out on knowledge so that some willfully ignorant person wouldn't be offended to the point where they change the channel. Here in the USA we indeed have a huge contingent of partisans who are anti-science. Even being around it my whole life, the levels of denial are shocking. Politically, they are dominating right now.

I don't know of any issue where I disagree with the scientific consensus.

I don't think it was specifically noted on this series when it came out as it has been previously criticised either during the original Planet Earth or The BBC Natural History Series prior to that where they had specifically dumbed down any evolutionary science to avoid putting off a portion of the US audience.

I don't think it was specifically noted on this series when it came out as it has been previously criticised either during the original Planet Earth or The BBC Natural History Series prior to that where they had specifically dumbed down any evolutionary science to avoid putting off a portion of the US audience.

Thank you for clarifying it that most Americans aren’t capable of viewing a documentary unless it has been “dumbed down” for them to understand.

Are you aware that Neandertals originated in Africa and migrated only as far west to Britain? :rolleyes:

Thank you for clarifying it that most Americans aren’t capable of viewing a documentary unless it has been “dumbed down” for them to understand.

Are you aware that Neandertals originated in Africa and migrated only as far west to Britain? :rolleyes:

You could try reading what I actually wrote

Back