Open the freekin pod doors Hal!

You will know that AI is really here when it can interact with the average 4 year old. Just sayin' , making sense of nonsense seems to be the most human ability(and vice versa)

I saw that they (at least claimed) to have beaten the Turing Test, which has never been done, and should be a little bit concerning.

They also removed "Don't Be Evil" from their corporate motto. Not saying they're related but the timing is interesting :)

I saw that they (at least claimed) to have beaten the Turing Test, which has never been done, and should be a little bit concerning.

Yikes! :eek:

They also removed "Don't Be Evil" from their corporate motto. Not saying they're related but the timing is interesting :)

Well they did remove it from the opening lines in their current code of conduct.....however...The updated version still retains one reference to the company’s unofficial motto—the final line of the document is still: “And remember… don’t be evil, and if you see something that you think isn’t right – speak up!”

Don't be evil is the password for the wi-fi on the Google shuttle busses on the Google campus too! :guitar:

I am a very big Google fan and have been for a long time and use a lot of their services far beyond just g-mail which is what originally brought me into the fold. The form of Big Brother we saw in the Book and Movie 1984 is not even close to what is capable of those with inquiring minds trying to discover about most anything about anybody they want to "uncover".

I had a friend who worked for the phone company in the switching station back in the 80's...with what he saw and knew back then lets just say he was a little paranoid...talk about off the grid...but alas...It's a big ass snowball rolling down the hill and gaining speed.... the likes of which no humble earthling is capable of stopping the roll thereof...

AI is cool and frightening...I would liken our current society to little kids in a sandbox playing with a little box with some switches and a keypad on it...that, if handled right (or wrong as the case may be) will end this groovy scene we call life on planet earth in one big oops! :eek:.

In regards to the Turing Test...Did you know the first software to succeed at this was named Eugene?

Coincidence? I think not.....

YouTube

I was actually witnessed this dang performance live a mere 45+ years ago Tempus do Fugit!

Back