New Rep Point Thread.

Sorry for dumb question -- why should I or anyone care about rep points? If I'm helpful, I'm helpful -- if an idiot, I'll get banned (eventually).

It's a way for people to communicate appreciation. It's useful for people who care about more than the surface layer of what's being said. But you knew that, right?

Well yeah, we could survive without it, if that was your complaint. I'm happy using emoticons if the words alone don't do the job. ;););)

that was my original point -- now it seems that someone can "turn you red" on just a whim, as happened to me now. Two rep comments ever -- first one caused by this thread and him. That was quite the dick move by him (I won't name names), especially how I've only ever tried to help or asked for help nicely. Makes me lose a lot of respect for this site, that for some reason has this "feature" which can be gamed by others.

Don't feel bad. Every place has its own dynamic, and although I 've been here awhile I still don't understand it. I mean, what's the whole 'friends' thing about? What's its function? To let someone know you like them? Why not just say it in a post? And what about the PM thing on this site where if you comment on someone's mix in the MP3 forum, they not only thank you publicly but also send you a PM thank you? That seems over-courteous to me, but I'm a social moron, so never mind. (Maybe I'd have more success here if I followed their example?) I've repped people when they've been really funny - I treat it like applause. It means little, but it's my way of using it in a way that makes sense to me. Whatcha think?

There is a horrible rumour going around that teh mods and teh admin are doing away with rep and replacing it with a thanks button instead.....:eek:

And I nearly had nearly saved enough to get that holiday in Disneyland...:cursing:

Who wants some before it's too late?

Rep was meaningless before, it got even less than meaningless once everyone hit the ceiling.

Neg rep still upsets the cave tools though, so it's good for that.

Rep was meaningless before, it got even less than meaningless once everyone hit the ceiling.

Neg rep still upsets the cave tools though, so it's good for that.

I think we need to start a "New Thanks button Thread" so we are good and ready for the change. This is important stuff...

I'm gonna miss the lol sensation I get inside when Gush_of_FM negs reps me though...:)

I think we need to start a "New Thanks button Thread" so we are good and ready for the change. This is important stuff...

I'm gonna miss the lol sensation I get inside when Gush_of_FM negs reps me though...:)

Go hit 60sRandy, Cfux, or geezergrip with some red. They will respond with fire and hatred within one minute. :laughings:

It lives!

I love this thread and I hope it never dies. Like coming home from a long trip seeing this here. Took some digging but I found you, you crazy little thing you! XOXO

Back