New Rep Point Thread.

DJL said:
PS... IYO, how am I doing on the mic forum (any better?)... got any suggestions for me bro? Thanks. :)
You're doing fine, even the point you made about the colored dots on the SP mics was well put. Just keep treating folks like human beings (even Alan, as hard as that might be :)) and you'll be treated that way in return, for the most part. If some asshole (like me) is insulting, just ignore him, let your point stand on its own merit, and you'll be better respected for it.

crazydoc said:
You're doing fine, even the point you made about the colored dots on the SP mics was well put. Just keep treating folks like human beings (even Alan, as hard as that might be :)) and you'll be treated that way in return, for the most part. If some asshole (like me) is insulting, just ignore him, let your point stand on its own merit, and you'll be better respected for it.
I second that! :)

crazydoc said:
...Thirds!!!

It's probably going to take people a little time to adjust to the "kinder, gentler DJL", but once they do, it'll all be good... err... at least as "good" as it gets in that vicious little jungle...

I'll jingle everyone's scales on my way out... :D

cellardweller said:
...Thirds!!!

It's probably going to take people a little time to adjust to the "kinder, gentler DJL", but once they do, it'll all be good... err... at least as "good" as it gets in that vicious little jungle...

I'll jingle everyone's scales on my way out... :D
I finally got you back..... :D

cellardweller said:
Thanks, for some reason, it's giving me the "you put out too much" message. :D
You're just a whore and you know it. :eek:

But I like you that way.... :D

(did you check out the song I posted in the clinic? It's scary!!!) :eek: :o

Listening to it right now, and I can definitely tell it's your voice. Pretty cool little ditty, how are the guitars recorded? Sounds (to me) like you captured a pretty good ac/dc sound on them, and the vocals aint bad either (for ac/dc). Are the drums programmed?

I feel very under-qualified to offer my opinion, buy you are very consistent in your recordings, and do a damned good job IMO and FWIW.

What happened to the other song, the one I can never remember the name of? It's not there... what happened to it? I liked it, and haven't had a chance to d/l it, since I finally broke down and registered...

HORNS!!!

cellardweller said:
Listening to it right now, and I can definitely tell it's your voice. Pretty cool little ditty, how are the guitars recorded? Sounds (to me) like you captured a pretty good ac/dc sound on them, and the vocals aint bad either (for ac/dc). Are the drums programmed?

I feel very under-qualified to offer my opinion, buy you are very consistent in your recordings, and do a damned good job IMO and FWIW.

What happened to the other song, the one I can never remember the name of? It's not there... what happened to it? I liked it, and haven't had a chance to d/l it, since I finally broke down and registered...

HORNS!!!
I recorded the guitars by micing my Yamaha 10-watt practice amp through my one and only mic - Audio Technica Pro 100, and into the MR-8, the guitar on the left was a Laney amp that I found and restored. I used the same guitar for both parts (Yamaha strat copy). I just dialed back the gain and cranked the volume, tweeking it until I got the dirty sound AC/Dc has... The drums are programmed off my keyboard...

I recorded the vocal with one track, but doubled it in software and added some delay (the old trick).

I took some of my songs down, but I can put them back up for you. I finally got feedback from MadAudio about his lead, so I am happy with it. I'll put it back up when I get home. Look for it tomorrow.. It's called "Such a Shame"...

Where is madaudio putting a lead? Is that the collab thread?

I really think I could offer some perspective. All I'd need to do, is post one of my horrendous atrocities under my alter-ego screen name... hmm....
I think people would appreciate everyone elses efforts all the more...

Let me know when they are back up...

cellardweller said:
Where is madaudio putting a lead? Is that the collab thread?

I really think I could offer some perspective. All I'd need to do, is post one of my horrendous atrocities under my alter-ego screen name... hmm....
I think people would appreciate everyone elses efforts all the more...

Let me know when they are back up...
He put the lead on my song "Such A Shame".... We did it via email...

crazydoc said:
Thanks crazydoc... oh, and by-the-way... many times I LMAO reading some of your funny post... but, I enjoy your helpful post the most. Anyway, thanks again. :) Hit me again with some luv bro. :)

Last edited:
Thank you Carter for the luv... I think I only need about 8 more + points now for double no-no's.

Hey crazydoc... hit me with some more luv bro... please. :)

I think it might be fun to collaborate on a tune with someone.

Rokket... please post a link to the song. Thanks, Don :)

DJL said:
Thank you Carter for the luv... I think I only need about 8 more + points now for double no-no's.

Hey crazydoc... hit me with some more luv bro... please. :)

Well Im 30 points away from double CHICKLETS! give me some LUV! :D

Back