New Mutt day....

muttley600

Banned
Mutt has a new mutt...:thumbs up:

Picked her up today and she's settled in fine so far. A year old and full of life. A resue dog as all our mutts have been... The existing mutt (also a husky cross) has started laying the law down to her but they are getting on OK so far... Lots of noise and puppy play.

Mia.jpg

That's a nice doggy. Is it full grown at 1 year old?

Mostly. Will probably put on a few inches but not too much. She will become a lot stronger and bulk out and will be a good sled dog which is our family hobby... Well, sleds with wheels it only snows for a week or two here. She's half Siberian Husky half Alsatian. Pure both sides so should be an ideal puller and good family dog.

Nice looking dog.

Where do you get a sled? I've been wanting one for my dog.

Fabricate them myself with my boys. As I said it's kind of a family hobby. We have fun and it's only a few bits of wood a dog harness and some bicycle wheels. The rest we trust to luck.

I think mine's got some Husky in him. He loves the snow and loves to pull me.

Distractable... dislocates yer shoulders... loves everyone/thing...willful...disloyal/loyal.. selective recall...can never let them off the leash...chase anything with a pulse and fur....eats like its the last bite on earth...growls and barks when it plays... eats shoes and chews anything that isn't made out of diamonds... lives for today.

It's a husky X... Proper dogs..:thumbs up:

Mine's not a chewer, he doesn't really 'wolf' down his food for the most part, and the only kind of play he understands is chasing something, even if it's just me and him playing tag. Won't fetch, catch, tug, or chase anything that's not alive. But he will play by himself in the snow like he's on drugs. Other than that, your other descriptions apply. And his only loyalty is to whoever has the tastiest treat in their hand, even if it's a total stranger.

You'll have to put up some pics of the sled/wagons, so I can get an idea if it's worth attempting.

Mine's not a chewer, he doesn't really 'wolf' down his food for the most part, and the only kind of play he understands is chasing something, even if it's just me and him playing tag. Won't fetch, catch, tug, or chase anything that's not alive. But he will play by himself in the snow like he's on drugs. Other than that, your other descriptions apply. And his only loyalty is to whoever has the tastiest treat in their hand, even if it's a total stranger.

You'll have to put up some pics of the sled/wagons, so I can get an idea if it's worth attempting.

I'll see what I can do about some pics. As I've mentioned in another thread we are a bit in the air right now as we are trying to move house so everything is either packed or in chaos here so it may be a while before I can get a pic.

As far as husky x sled dog habits sounds like yours has most of them.. tugging games are a definite favorite for them and probably not to be encouraged. All dogs do it as puppies as it's a prey thing. Huskys and the like seem to carry it over into adult dog life.

Here's my odd couple. Mine's a full blood Husky, and her leeetle friend...a purebred Chihuahua. Huskys are great dogs if you can keep them from digging up the moles in your yard...:)

jpg.gif

You got a very pretty girl there Mutt! :D

Attachments

• 2015-03-26 10.49.19.jpg
    2015-03-26 10.49.19.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 18
Back