NAMM 2016 who's going?

You going to Namm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need poll option for "I wish."

Truth! should have thought of that...Living in LA for years for far too many years "I wished"... just couldn't get the hook up......or didn't try hard enough..... now that I'm old n decrepit I can get passes... sheesh! Oh well in Vegas at KBIS heading home Friday for a Saturday walk through

Kid (in an old man's body ) in a candy shop!

I thought it was open to anyone who registered online.

I expect a full report on the happenings.:cool:

Seriously, I am curious what it's like at NAMM.

I thought it was open to anyone who registered online.

Nope. It's only for industry people. You have to be or know somebody to get a pass.

NAMM is nothing like it used to be in the 80's and 90's. There are a lot of manufacturers that don't bother to show up anymore. The ones that do, don't fly out as many of their endorsees for meet and greats. (Most won't fly out anyone, so you just end up with the LA guys)

NAMM is a private show for those in the music retailing business...at least that's what it is in theory.

If you are an "artist" and know somebody in that business you can usually get a pass if you are close enough or important enough for that person to bother hooking you up.

If you have a real recording studio as a full on business and license and IRS reporting...you can become a member and get a pass.

As an entrepreneur / inventor / salesman / keyboard playin, singing and song writing fool, I'm a kid in a candy shop when I get to go...and for me I never have enough time to be everywhere or see everything I wish I could see when I go.. It's a damn big trade show...and the events running concurrently or back to back miles apart make it impossible to see everything.

Here's a link
to the event page which covers the meat and potatoes of this years show.

I just got home last night after spending the last 6 days in Vegas participating as a exhibitor at the Kitchen and Bath industry show "KBIS" and I'm bushed.. :yawn:

Sadly I'll probably only go today...maybe tomorrow and it will be a mad dash through the thing...but I'll dig it! :thumbs up:

Hmmm? Went by the booth a few times but never got a chance to see anyone..

1hr.com.jpg

I went. It was fucking crazy, and loud. Much more packed than last year and noisier. LOL

Did 3 days and skipped Sunday.

Recording related, The waves booth had all the Mixer "rockstars" it was like a "Mix with the Masters" mini seminar.

Back