My back hurts

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Actually it's kind of numb and weak after playing my les paul for 7 hours in the basement standing up. Time flies when you're working on a song and won't give up until you get it the way you want it. That mofo is heavy. I can't play as well sitting as I can't get the same neck access.

I have a bad lower back (old lifting injury) - should have worn my back support thingy. If it aches tomorrow I won't be surprised - it usually flares up the next day.

It doesn't take a degree in engineering to use the guitar strap to support the overweight guitar attached to a mic stand (or some more suitable alternative) instead of hanging it from your shoulder.

But if you are seeking to be seen playing this overweight axe in a live setting there is no substitute for actually standing and holding it...

Stawl - do you have pictures?
Yeah I'm 5 10 180 so I'm about 5 pounds overweight.
And it wasn't pain it was fatigue.
I have a lower back injury so I know back pain - when you can't get out of bed/walk.
7 hours is a long time with 10 lbs on your shoulder.
Developed some new calluses on my fingers.
No residual effects today.
I probably won't do it again soon - it was just one of those days when I could get away with it because my daughter was working instead of studying in the adjacent room.

You're doing real well if you can hoist a full weight LP for that long at age 57...:thumbs up:

I'm lazy. I always sit down to record... Les Paul or anything else for that matter - although if I was going soloing I'd be standing up... but that wouldn't take me 7 house... :D

Stawl - do you have pictures?
Of this sort of device? You should be able to find that yourself.

The symptom of fatigue is pain, so what's the difference?

I wouldn't think of leaning that much weight on my shoulder. I ride a road bike with a backpack that can weigh maybe 8 pounds, but that is distributed between two shoulder positions and another load-bearing spot on my back.

7 hours working on one song? Maybe you should take up a different instrument! :rolleyes: Or at least get a lighter guitar to practice on!

Actually it's kind of numb and weak after playing my les paul for 7 hours in the basement standing up. Time flies when you're working on a song and won't give up until you get it the way you want it. That mofo is heavy. I can't play as well sitting as I can't get the same neck access.

Come work with me in the rain-soaked ditch in 4 inches of mud and monsoon rain for 50 hours a week and you'll have a backache worth sniveling about.

Come work with me in the rain-soaked ditch in 4 inches of mud and monsoon rain for 50 hours a week and you'll have a backache worth sniveling about.
I respect you for doing all that work to keep things working out there.
But I'm keeping my desk job. :)

Back