Music Schools are Expensive (Rant)

Yep - my wife has been "retired" for 17 years. She hated her job so I told her to quit. She never went back to work. I make enough to pay the bills so it's not an issue.
Single income families are possible but not likely if you're just starting off in the workforce in 2017.

Single income family here, too. My wife is a stay home mom. We learned early on about the intangible benefit of not raising your kids in a daycare.

Now that the kids are mostly on autopilot, she's looking to pick up a job. It'll be nice to have extra income. :)

Most of those jobs which are done by hand are replaced by machines. And to get a simple job nowadays you immediately need high diploma's to get it.
Were you took a hammer and named yourselve carpenter, nowadays you quickly need proven knowledge (diploma) about construction. Were they almost all could live a decent life with dad working and mom at home, that's something that's hard to reach for most people, even with 2 or more jobs.
Leaving school at 15 with hardly any diploma's will most likely not bring you the life our grandparents had that way.
Times have changed. And it ain't always better.

What a load of crap, So machines work in motor wreckers? Machines stack shelves at supermarkets? Its called physical work something that seems to be below people these days.

Later I did have the knowledge, by doing a 4 year apprenticeship in a trade (I did not just take a hammer and called myself anything I actually feel insulted by this statement as I worked hard to become a good tradesman), and both my parents worked mom was not home. Yes, the world has changed, but you still need people to do physical work and all we hear about now is how kids stay at home until they are 30 years old studying for jobs that will never be there anyway. You can have a 100 engineers but someone has to build it. And countries wonder why the work goes offshore to places like China.

Alan

Back