Metallica

That's not what Lars did. That fool couldn't play his parts so he pt them together beat-by-beat.

He doesn't put it together beat by beat. It's feel by feel. Plays the intro, then the verse, then the transition into the verse. He plays each part until it's perfect, then cuts them together.

That started with the black album, as far as I know.

He doesn't put it together beat by beat. It's feel by feel. Plays the intro, then the verse, then the transition into the verse. He plays each part until it's perfect, then cuts them together.

That started with the black album, as far as I know.

Still stupid. :laughings:

It still isn't as bad as the Mutt Lang Def Leppard drum tracks. Each drum played separately from the others, to have total isolation. There was a Manowar album done like that too.

At least the parts were played as parts, not each drum as an overdubbed separate instrument.

Def Leppard drums don't even really sound like drums though. They're so hyper-processed, they're just big percussive bangs that take the place of what would normally be a drum track. You can slap a shoe against the side of a garage and get the Def Leppard sound. :laughings:

Didn't Boston record like that? Because they didn't have a drummer or something? Or is that urban legend?
I had never heard that. It's pretty easy to hear if they did. It would sound like samples/drum machine if it was done that way. The isolation gives it that sound.

Def Leppard drums don't even really sound like drums though. They're so hyper-processed, they're just big percussive bangs that take the place of what would normally be a drum track. You can slap a shoe against the side of a garage and get the Def Leppard sound. :laughings:
I seem to recall reading that Mutt Lang insited on doing the Pyromania drum tracks w/Linn drums.

Back