In memory of the banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
corner(that's been happening a lot lately *head scratch*)

I think, and let's be honest, who really gives a damn what I think....but I think it might be a good/bad idea to just let everyone back in. Just let 'em back in. Allow only music related threads. No photography, no football, no movie time, politics, religion...just music. Except, there would be one other sub thread, a whether thread. A place you can go to talk about the whether and only the whether, whether so-and-so should be able to remain here or let back in here. It'd be kind of like a roast thread. No holds barred. But the whether thread would be kind of like a sub members only locked sort of thing. You get locked in. You post or even venture in there and your ass is locked in for 3-4 weeks, can't post anywhere else. Quarantined. If your time in quarantine exceeds 3 consecutive periods in quarantine you're automatically dismissed, no longer a member of this glorious community. You've made your choice, you would rather talk about anything other than music. You will be free to enjoy the weather some place else of your own choosing.

Breaking new ground, it's never been done

Yeah, that's a stupid idea, and i'm not even drunk. Never mind.

Yo Mick... Gotta be honest...had it not been for the cave ( Originally) this site would have been visited like the many other sites I went to back in the day ...like gearslutz..harmony central..I'd of visited but not near as much as I did this hell hole...
Not to discuss home recording but to bull shit with a bunch of music heads like myself about everything / anything under the sun...again it's history but for sure, without a doubt statistically ( and it drove Dragon nuts) HR.com would have never been worth selling had it not been for the traffic that the Cave generated.. So not to poo poo your thoughts but I sure hope ( not for statistics but selfishly for me ) they allow Prime Time to carry on in it's shell of what the cave once was kind of way...

In regards to the quarantine concept...oy! Each and everyone of the banned TOTALLY had SEVERAL warnings before being excommunicated from the church of the holy bullshiters club permanently.

I can't imagine that a home recording forum board message thingy ever has to Ban, anybody. The former members in that list must have been real assholes. ?

I'm an asshole, but I'm a very nice one. :D

Everyone here is a real asshole (except me of course :))

Personally speaking, I can handle assholes. Everybody is an asshole at some point or another...except for Chili and maybe our too infrequent friend Supercreep....guitaristic, and a few others i've failed to mention. I think sometimes it boils down to hair pullers, biters, nut kickers. When you mix it up with someone in a scrap, there is always the fuckers who are not confident in their own abilities and resort to being a nut kicker. Maybe in a scrap all is fair. Dunno, the only physical fights i've ever lost was to a hair puller, biter, a nut kicker. In real life i think most people despise those types. But sadly, as is too often the case these days, especially on the net, and as highlighted in the cave, those types are too often celebrated.

On this, I don't reckon I really have a point. Chili is a good bean, and where dafuque has Supercreep got off to? Maybe I should have been banned a long time ago, but I wasn't because i'm not a nut kicker?

Love. All you need is love. It's the one there is just too little of. Herb Alpert is the Slowhand of the trumpet world, but it aint what they call rock-n-roll. It's alright ma, i'm only sighing. Yeah, maybe that's it.

wait, did Herb Alpert even play on that song, or was it that other song? Ah, fuck it, doobedo.

Last edited:
Yo Mick... Gotta be honest...had it not been for the cave ( Originally) this site would have been visited like the many other sites I went to back in the day ...like gearslutz..harmony central..I'd of visited but not near as much as I did this hell hole...
Not to discuss home recording but to bull shit with a bunch of music heads like myself about everything / anything under the sun...again it's history but for sure, without a doubt statistically ( and it drove Dragon nuts) HR.com would have never been worth selling had it not been for the traffic that the Cave generated.. So not to poo poo your thoughts but I sure hope ( not for statistics but selfishly for me ) they allow Prime Time to carry on in it's shell of what the cave once was kind of way...

In regards to the quarantine concept...oy! Each and everyone of the banned TOTALLY had SEVERAL warnings before being excommunicated from the church of the holy bullshiters club permanently.

See, I agree with this. Two people don't agree. Two people who never met may get heated. So what. It's not a big deal. It's actually kinda fun (for some of us anyway).

I kind of enjoy it, when it stays above the belt and doesn't get too personal. In real life it doesn't amount to a hill of beans, and nothing that amplitude and wattage can't put in its place.

Audio and Anarchy. I think it is closed for new registration. Approximately 8 years ago EZ Willis started it as an alternative to HR because he had disagreements with Dragonworks (then owner of HR). Many of the old HR personalities are still there, including Dragon (which is about as ironic as Ed Snowden living in Russia lol).

No. Dragon owned HR. He was reading my PM's and it pissed me off so I started A&A. He has never been over there. dragonworks is an old member here and is also at A&A.

The vast majority of the folks from the old cave days just liked to have fun, and most of the insults were good-natured in their vulgarity. But then it got to the REAL name calling, the getting personal, and the trolling, and the ones who just wouldn't let it go. Every single thread eventually became about the personal pissing match between the same small group, which drove other people away.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Hey! How many times have I told you to keep your feet off the coffee table? And no wrestling around in the living room!

Good thing I don't have kids. And where'd that coffee table come from?

No. Dragon owned HR. He was reading my PM's and it pissed me off so I started A&A. He has never been over there. dragonworks is an old member here and is also at A&A.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Reading PMs seems clearly over the line. Maybe I am naive? Do the current mods do that? (Not that I care - all you will find is a bunch of file sharing).

What's interesting is I actually talked to dragonworks about that at A&A and he didn't clarify any of this stuff. So he was pulling my leg? :mad:

Thanks for clarifying that.

Reading PMs seems clearly over the line. Maybe I am naive? Do the current mods do that? (Not that I care - all you will find is a bunch of file sharing).
No idea but it's a separate add-on to the vBulletin software so he had to install it with the intention of reading the user's PM's.

---------- Update ----------

What's interesting is I actually talked to dragonworks about that at A&A and he didn't clarify any of this stuff. So he was pulling my leg? :mad:

I guess so. That's how it went down. And it was actually 10 years ago.

Maybe I am naive? Do the current mods do that?

The mods do not have access to any PMs but our own. Rest assured, we can't read your PMs. I don't know about the admins. I'm guessing if Dragon could read PMs then the admins can read PMs. However, they are running a business in France and are not actively engaged with HR. I seriously doubt the admin have the time or the desire to read PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back