Make fun of my video.

R

RAMI

But seriously, I have this in the VIDEO section of the site, but there ain't much traffic there.

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff. My lighting was whatever lights happened to be on in the room, or whatever sunlight was coming in. My camera angles and all that shit was just whatever I thought would work. I learned the editing software as I went along.

So, basically, I just tried to make this fun and hopefully not too amateur.

I shot it with this thing that fits in the palm of my hand:
Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS Review | iCameraPhotography

Tell me how much it could be better. :)

Last edited:

Maybe be more consistent with your aspect ratios. Some shots look like they were taken in 4:3 and distorted to 16:9 (compare 0:25 with 0:31). The final mix appears to have a thick black boundary (16:9 letterboxed in a 4:3 frame which is then pillarboxed in a 16:9 frame) that serves no purpose but to make your video smaller than it could be.

Artistically I have no complaints.

Maybe be more consistent with your aspect ratios. Some shots look like they were taken in 4:3 and distorted to 16:9 (compare 0:25 with 0:31).
Awesome, that helps me. You're right about the aspect ration. Problem is, I needed to crop some shots, and the only way to do that and get rid of what I wanted to keep out of the frame was to disable "Keep aspect ratio", which sometimes distorted the dimensions. I'll be careful with that next time.
The final mix appears to have a thick black boundary (16:9 letterboxed in a 4:3 frame which is then pillarboxed in a 16:9 frame) that serves no purpose but to make your video smaller than it could be.
Youtube asked me if I wanted to get rid of that. I couldn't decide. I kind of like the black frame, but it does make the video smaller. I can always go to my Youtube settings and change that, I think. Maybe not. I'll have to check.

Artistically I have no complaints.
Great, man. Thanx. :cool:

Last edited:
If you want to go for that studio vibe in the music video, that microphone needs a pop shield and you have to be wearing headphones =D

You've got to sort out that aspect ratio issue!

If you want to go for that studio vibe in the music video, that microphone needs a pop shield and you have to be wearing headphones =D
Hehe...yeah, no I'm not going for that look. :)

You've got to sort out that aspect ratio issue!
Doing that right now. I had no idea it was even an issue, but it obviously is. Uploading a fixed version as we speak. :cool:

I'm trying to upload my video, and for some reason, Youtube isn't making it HD. I'm uploading at H.264 720p/16:9 (1280 X 720). Last time I uploaded, in my "Video Manager", it even said "HD" right beside my video, but when I go to watch it, the best quality I have the choice to play it in is 360p, not even 480p.

I don't get it. Am I being impatient? Should I wait a few hours for Youtube to turn it into HD?

I don't get this.

I'm trying to upload my video, and for some reason, Youtube isn't making it HD. I'm uploading at H.264 720p/16:9 (1280 X 720). Last time I uploaded, in my "Video Manager", it even said "HD" right beside my video, but when I go to watch it, the best quality I have the choice to play it in is 360p, not even 480p.

I don't get it. Am I being impatient? Should I wait a few hours for Youtube to turn it into HD?

I don't get this.

Yeah YouTube takes a few hours to actually show the HD version!

Yeah YouTube takes a few hours to actually show the HD version!

Ah ok, thanx. Christ man, I was going nuts. I've re-uploaded the same video about 5 times since yesterday, thinking I was doing something wrong. Thanx man.

OK, in that case, I'll re-post it here, but it's still only showing in 360p.

Last edited:
This is pretty cool. Seems like great picture quality for that camera price point, but I know next to nothing about video.

I think alot of music videos have 4 or 5 "scenes" they alternate between. While this looks pretty good for a first try, maybe next time kick it up a notch by adding more "scenes", or maybe intersperse a story line.

I think alot of music videos have 4 or 5 "scenes" they alternate between. While this looks pretty good for a first try, maybe next time kick it up a notch by adding more "scenes", or maybe intersperse a story line.
Yeah, you're probably right, unless it's a "performance video", which this isn't. I have 4 different scenes, more or less. The silhouette lead singer scene, the guitar playing scene, the drum scene, and then the gym scene, which is where the bass player is. But, you're right. It could use more to keep the viewer interested. I was just happy to get my first video done.

You expect to be taken seriously as a musician? I did not see one scantily clad lady the entire video! SMH. You should erase all the footage of you and others playing musical instruments and replace it with slow motion footage of gyrating woman parts in bikinis . . . :P

(video looks fine other than the aforementioned issues)

Really well done, RAMI. We're audio hounds in here though, so this video might not get the excellent sort of feedback you get in the Clinic lol.

I enjoyed it. I like the magical vibrating yellow electric guitar best.

My preference for music videos is to have lots of shots of the people actually playing their instruments, like you did here. If you start adding storylines to your stuff, be careful that you don't disappear up MTV's ass. I have seen so very many bad MTV videos.

You expect to be taken seriously as a musician? I did not see one scantily clad lady the entire video! SMH. You should erase all the footage of you and others playing musical instruments and replace it with slow motion footage of gyrating woman parts in bikinis . . . :P

(video looks fine other than the aforementioned issues)
I have no idea what I was thinking. :eek:

:D

Really well done, RAMI. We're audio hounds in here though, so this video might not get the excellent sort of feedback you get in the Clinic lol.

I enjoyed it. I like the magical vibrating yellow electric guitar best.

My preference for music videos is to have lots of shots of the people actually playing their instruments, like you did here. If you start adding storylines to your stuff, be careful that you don't disappear up MTV's ass. I have seen so very many bad MTV videos.
Thanx Dobro. I agree with you. I'm not much into story videos. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the audio. I've posted this tune in the Clinic.

too long/didnt watch
:laughings: LOL! Yeah. You're right. The song is 3 and a half minutes long. Who do I think I am? King Crimson? :laughings:

Last edited:
wow rami i watched and listened

i wish i could crack wise or critique..

thats pure enjoyment

nice work

But seriously, I have this in the VIDEO section of the site, but there ain't much traffic there.

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff. My lighting was whatever lights happened to be on in the room, or whatever sunlight was coming in. My camera angles and all that shit was just whatever I thought would work. I learned the editing software as I went along.

So, basically, I just tried to make this fun and hopefully not too amateur.

I shot it with this thing that fits in the palm of my hand:
Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS Review | iCameraPhotography

Back