Look who AC/DC scraped off the bottom of the Rock pool.

Nope, old school metal head that grew old.

This video shows what I humorously see a 'hipster' looking like. Call me a judge of character if you will but I do live and work near Boulder Colorado. So many look like this and I just find it humorous. Funny that this 'muppet' was created about the time I was born. It still funny to me. :)

Mahna Mahna...

Bet you wake up tomorrow morning with this tune in your head.....

I remember when all of the metal kids started dressing like emo hipsters and listening to whiny screamo with blast beats with lyrics about getting homework done before they go to the homecoming dance. Hence why I have very limited knowledge of the current state of the metal music genre. I decided to stay vintage and check out on the other...ummm... stuff.

I actually hope they don't continue now - if they turned into their own tribute act it would be a really sad end.

Right...that was my feeling when I started the thread.
There's a point where you need to let go of something...and AC/DC crossed that line already...so if they now try and slog on with Rose...it WILL be a tribute act with a Spinal Tap vibe.

If Angus still wants to play...he'd be better off forming a whole new band and giving that a try instead of clinging to just a shadow of AC/DC

My day gig partially involves a large theater...and we get a lot of "retread" oldie-but-goodie bands, where maybe...maybe...one of the original members is still there, with crutch-n-cane....though sometimes you get a real old band, and it's just the name. IOW...all the original members are long gone, and there's one retread member and a whole bunch of young players supporting him....it's actually pretty funny. :D

Right...that was my feeling when I started the thread.
There's a point where you need to let go of something...and AC/DC crossed that line already...so if they now try and slog on with Rose...it WILL be a tribute act with a Spinal Tap vibe.

If Angus still wants to play...he'd be better off forming a whole new band and giving that a try instead of clinging to just a shadow of AC/DC

My day gig partially involves a large theater...and we get a lot of "retread" oldie-but-goodie bands, where maybe...maybe...one of the original members is still there, with crutch-n-cane....though sometimes you get a real old band, and it's just the name. IOW...all the original members are long gone, and there's one retread member and a whole bunch of young players supporting him....it's actually pretty funny. :D

I would guess that it is more about contractual obligations. The fact that XXXL was already on board made the choice easy.

From what I have seen and read XXXL is actually healthy now and is singing - well as he does. I must say that in my opinion Brian Johnson passed his prime for his singing style 15+ years ago.

I also have a place in my heart for Bon as the best singer AC/DC ever had. But that was then. We got IMO one of the best records ever produced in Back In Black. Bar band or whatever anyone wants to call it, the shit was solid.

It is kind of sad that AC/DC has to go out this way, but I don' see anything but respect for their career. Closing with arena shows? Guess a few people still like it huh?

Everyone who likes something that is not mainstream and that i don't like is a hipster.
Also, people who like something or don't like something for reasons that i don't get are hipsters.

Yup. Meanwhile if I like something that you either don't get or don't like, that's just my superior taste, or your lack of it.

Bar band or not, AC-DC had one of the tightest rhythm sections in rock and roll.

Also one of the greatest frontman of that genre, who could actually sing, and do it with dynamics, personality and charisma.

Brian knew how to scream. :D

As good as Back in Black is, it would have been better if Bon sang it.

Yup, they should have quit after Bon passed.

That sums it up for me.

Bar band or not, AC-DC had one of the tightest rhythm sections in rock and roll.

Also one of the greatest frontman of that genre who could also sing with dynamics, personality and charisma.

That sums it up for me.

As personal of an opinion as that is, I will agree with my own. Same here man.

Also one of the greatest frontman of that genre, who could actually sing, and do it with dynamics, personality and charisma.

That sums it up for me.

hipster. :mad:

But for me AC-DC was over after Bon.

Another Aussie rock band I personally think is great are the Angels. After Doc Neeson was gone, the band was never the same, and never as good.
Saw them with Bon at the helm at a free open air gig in Brisbane at some stage in the late 70s.

Trust me, no-one ever took the Angels seriously post-Doc Neeson. Actually, even though they existed with him as frontman for many years, they largely disappeared as a band of great interest in Aus sometime late in the 80s. I knew they were still around, but that was about it. Saw them too, probably early 80s, in a bar near where I lived. Awesome performance from the Doc - he was electrifying. Peter Garrett stole a few moves from him.

I had the pleasure of working with them when they were in LA recording. To avoid legal hassles they went by Angel City.

So according to this blurb...looks like for the time being, Johnson is going to avoid live gigs, but says that studio work is still OK for him to do...and Rose is filling in on their current live gigs.

https://www.yahoo.com/livenationpre...dcs-brian-johnson-explains-not-touring-due-to

It kinda leave the door open for several scenarios, and it sounds like at this point they have no clear long-term plan.

It would be kind of odd, IMO, for Johnson to, for example, cut a new album with the band...but then Rose or someone else go and perform it live...?
I don't think there's ever been a case like that.

Does not hipster actually mean that a person who likes particular things instead of what everyone else likes is bad or wrong for being not like everyone else. I come here state a few opinions and get insulted. I am not here to make friends with average people but serious musicians or composers. So yes all of this makes me evil and a bad.

Can't seem to post a quote...edit forthcoming

...weird. no-go. oh well, it wasn't important anyways!

Does not hipster actually mean that a person who likes particular things instead of what everyone else likes is bad or wrong for being not like everyone else. I come here state a few opinions and get insulted. I am not here to make friends with average people but serious musicians or composers. So yes all of this makes me evil and a bad.

Post like yoda you do.

Saw them with Bon at the helm at a free open air gig in Brisbane at some stage in the late 70s.

Trust me, no-one ever took the Angels seriously post-Doc Neeson. Actually, even though they existed with him as frontman for many years, they largely disappeared as a band of great interest in Aus sometime late in the 80s. I knew they were still around, but that was about it. Saw them too, probably early 80s, in a bar near where I lived. Awesome performance from the Doc - he was electrifying. Peter Garrett stole a few moves from him.

The greatest Aussie band were The Wiggles...I still listen to them.

Back