Kanye West....

The big take out for me in the whole Grammys / Kanye / Beck thing was what a weeny looking dude Beck is...

If I had an accountant, that's what I imagine he'd look like. I do like the album though...:thumbs up:

I don't think I've heard one single from Beck's album...much less the whole thing. Will definitely check it out though. Kinda surprised it won TBH because I really haven't heard much about it.

I don't think I've heard one single from Beck's album...much less the whole thing. Will definitely check it out though. Kinda surprised it won TBH because I really haven't heard much about it.

Well look at Sam Smith....how much of him have you really heard, other than if you happend to tune in to one of the lame radio stations... and he took home a handful of awards.
Speaking of Sam Smith...just like Kanye with Beck, Tom Petty should have come up to dis him for the wins.... :p

Beck > Kanye.

Beck has been at it with great success for as long as stupid kanye has been alive. I simply cannot understand why no one in "the industry" will step up and tell Klownye to fuck off. Actually, I do understand. He's black. People are afraid to speak up and out against a loudmouth black guy.

If you're in the mood for that type of music it's pretty good... very lush, lots of layered harmonies etc. Of course if you're not in the mood it seems a bit wispy... but I listened and took some ideas away for vocal treatments etc.

Beck > Kanye.

Beck has been at it with great success for as long as stupid kanye has been alive. I simply cannot understand why no one in "the industry" will step up and tell Klownye to fuck off. Actually, I do understand. He's black. People are afraid to speak up and out against a loudmouth black guy.

If beck and the blonde babe he did this to were black would he have disrespected them like this?

He is there for ratings. Glad I missed it.

Well look at Sam Smith....how much of him have you really heard, other than if you happend to tune in to one of the lame radio stations... and he took home a handful of awards.
Speaking of Sam Smith...just like Kanye with Beck, Tom Petty should have come up to dis him for the wins.... :p

NPR said that when Petty heard Smiths song, his lawyers called them up because it sounds like Won't back down. So now Petty has writting credits on the song.. too funny. :laughings:

If beck and the blonde babe he did this to were black would he have disrespected them like this?

He is there for ratings. Glad I missed it.

Both times he was "defending" beyonce, like she needs his help.

Lots of people will and do complain about koontakanye, but no one will do anything. No one will actually stand up. Paul McCartney sucks his dick. Other musicians suck his dick out of fear of his ridiculousness. It's not entirely his fault though. The masses allow him to be that way by buying his shit music. All of this bad celebrity behavior is the fault of the people. Celebrity pop-culture is way out of hand, hip-hop culture is way out of hand, and white america made it that way.

Both times he was "defending" beyonce, like she needs his help.

Lots of people will and do complain about koontakanye, but no one will do anything. No one will actually stand up. Paul McCartney sucks his dick. Other musicians suck his dick out of fear of his ridiculousness. It's not entirely his fault though. The masses allow him to be that way by buying his shit music. All of this bad celebrity behavior is the fault of the people. Celebrity pop-culture is way out of hand, hip-hop culture is way out of hand, and white america made it that way.

I think you nailed it earlier. He is a clown, and the clown is performing at the three ring circus. Which is why its encouraged.

One thing I do miss about the lame ass 80s rock and metal bands.....one of those fuckers would have clocked him for the way he acts. Back in their day, there's no way Axl Rose, James Hetfield, or the Pantera losers would have tolerated this stuff.

Someone told me that a while back she was talking with a lady whose job was to arrange travel and transportation for celebrities, or something like that. One time Kanye was sitting in the airport lounge, or smoking area, or whatever, and the flight he was supposed to be on was ready to go. I got the impression this was a public flight with a lot of other people on it, not some private jet where Kanye was the only passenger (plus his entourage of course). The lady had to go hunt him down in the airport to tell him that he needed to board the plane because it was ready to go. He responded that the plane would be ready to go when he said it was ready to go, and continued to sit in the lounge and make everybody on the plane wait and wait and wait. If I'd been that lady, I'd have gone back to the gate and said "Kanye's not coming, so you can take off." I wouldn't have cared if Kanye pitched a fit and demanded that I be fired-- shoot, I probably would have quit before he ever moved his smug egotistical ass out of the lounge and found out that he'd missed his flight.

It seems that everyone, everywhere on the planet, everyone with a voice, everyone with internet access, hates people like kanye west, and bieber, and the kardashians, and people like that. I've never heard anyone come to their defense for anything. So how is it that they're still relevant? Who's paying these people? The court of public opinion used to be a powerful thing, but how is it that these fuckers are immune?

It seems that everyone, everywhere on the planet, everyone with a voice, everyone with internet access, hates people like kanye west, and bieber, and the kardashians, and people like that. I've never heard anyone come to their defense for anything. So how is it that they're still relevant? Who's paying these people? The court of public opinion used to be a powerful thing, but how is it that these fuckers are immune?

It's because their kids download their shit on iTunes.

Popular music has always been driven by teenagers, so when you reach 30, you are no longer relevant to popular music. Some of us never really cared for most of that crud anyway, so it's even more distasteful to see...

Just like a ton of other crap (movies/most tv shows/etc.), modern pop music's direction is dictated by a huge force of teenage/20-something girls.

Beck > Kanye.

And that was the undertone in Kanye's rant....IMO....that the reason Beyonce didn't win is because she is black and Beck is white. I mean, he never comes out and says WHAT it is that he thinks makes Beck's music iinferior...?
All that shit about Beck needing to "respect art" and give the award to Beyonce is just smoke.

One thing I do miss about the lame ass 80s rock and metal bands.....one of those fuckers would have clocked him for the way he acts. Back in their day, there's no way Axl Rose, James Hetfield, or the Pantera losers would have tolerated this stuff.

I know Beck was surprised and not sure what Kanye initially wanted when he popped up on stage, so Beck is like "come on back" thinking Kanye was there for support....however, later on when Kanye went on his rant and made it clear that Beck needed to "respect art"....fuckin' Beck gets all mushy-n-diplomatic, instead of telling Kanye to fuck off.
I mean...he out-n-out insults Beck....and Beck just sucks it up.
You are right...one of the longhair rock dudes would have clocked Kanye! :D

There's this weird ass-kissing mentality in arts, where few will openly attack another artist...so in that regard, Kanye has some balls....but he's not really attacking art...it's the whole black/white thing, so that's why he's just a wanker clown asking for a handout.

I've often wondered this.

Popular music has always been driven by teenagers, so when you reach 30, you are no longer relevant to popular music. Some of us never really cared for most of that crud anyway, so it's even more distasteful to see...

The problem these days....IMO....is that the younger generations have abandoned looking for art, and instead look for "image" and "attitude" and "shock value"....which is why the Kanyes and Kardashians get traction in the media.

I watched a "Later.....with Jools Holland" episode a couple of weeks ago, and Kanye was on along with several other bands/artists....and so I listened to his performance, and man, the whole time I was like WTF?!?!...he SUCKS!!!
My opinion had nothing to do with him being a "rapper", I've heard rappers that were good, even if I'm not into Rap in general. I mean, he SUCKED at rapping in the performance....and all the other acts were like 5 times better.
Of course, the crowd goes into the same level of applause and cheering as they do for all the other acts.
I'm sure there was a guy holding up a sign - "APPLAUSE!!!" :D

Back