Jim Beam Bourbon experts?

CoolCat

I have a pair of these ceramic bottles of unopened 1980 Bourbon Jim Beams.
Anyone here deal with this stuff?
quick view of empty bottles on ebay and some brief reading left me confused.

Anyone know if these are worth some $$ or if its even safe to drink?:confused:

Kind of cool...but Im thinking of doing something with them because its time has come.

Attachments

• JimBeam.png
    JimBeam.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 22
Unopened bottles of liquor are generally just fine to drink. I would think they would be worth something for sure. Tons of collectors out there.

I'll keep searching around. Probably a local deal and will "give as a gift"...hehe...in return the person can give me a gift of cash or something like a guitar or preamp? :)

Reagan v Carter. I wonder why the western half of Africa is green and the eastern half red. I'm sure they're worth something. Let us know how it turns out.

All I know about JB is that I used to have to pour an awful lot of it when I was a young bartender, as it was our well bourbon. Can't stand the smell of whiskey now.

Im not sure its drinkable...theres a funny youtube of a dood drinking a 37yrs old Elvis decanter very similar. He opens the 37yr old ceramic/porcelin decanter...breaking the seal....he drinks it and said in so many words (i lmao)..."funky....musty.....ceramicy....as if it was stored in Elvis's jumpsuit .....

then he decided to leave it out for a day to see if the whiskey got rid of the funky-ness and the day after it turned to a sludgey thick liquid paste...

Drinking Whiskey from a 37 year old sealed Elvis Decanter - YouTube

follow up

Update on the 37 year old Elvis Decanter whiskey - YouTube

Back