J Geils Band (without J Geils) tonight

MiamiMike

Musician - Composer
How ironic. The J Geils Band (without John Geils Jr aka J Geils, who is sueing the other members for
use of the name while he enjoys his jazz gigs that he's been doing for over a decade) opening for
Bon Jovi (without Sambora) tonight at Gillette Stadium. Perhaps the "Gone Guitarist" show. :guitar:

My dad got me into the song Centerfold by them, that's all I know tho

Youngsters! Did he tell you what it was really about? ;)

I saw the J Geils Band in 73 (I think). Always thought it was a silly name for a band considering Mr Geils was not the frontman.

Some of the band lived in an apartment outside Kenmore Square that I lived in a few years later while attending BU. The downstairs neighbor (old man) told us of the parties and noise that were predominant then, and that all the walls had been painted psychedelic.

Youngsters! Did he tell you what it was really about? ;)

I saw the J Geils Band in 73 (I think). Always thought it was a silly name for a band considering Mr Geils was not the frontman.

Some of the band lived in an apartment outside Kenmore Square that I lived in a few years later while attending BU. The downstairs neighbor (old man) told us of the parties and noise that were predominant then, and that all the walls had been painted psychedelic.

No, I just thought the song was about a cute girl from his past (like school) becoming the centerfold in a fashion magazine

I had the "Freeze Frame" and "Love Stinks" 45s as a kid. Maybe like 9-10 years old. I'm happy to say that I have not heard the J Geils Band since.

One fantastic very under rated Rock band...Of the 70's era IMO they were in the top of the tippy top top rock bands IMO.

Man could they jam it down.

Back