iTunes and Windows 7

notCardio

I walk the line
Anyone else have trouble installing it?

The program download worked just fine, it just won't let me install it.

I haven't found anything online about my specific problem, still waiting to hear from the Apple community forum.

My wife has a new iPhone and she's chomping at the bit. I won't get a moments peace until I get this fixed.

Error messages, i.e., why it "won't let" you install?

When you run the install, are you logged in as an administrator, or (been a while), right click on the setup/install EXE and "run as administrator?"

I am running window 8 & 10. I have no further advice to give you other then I had a massive crunch when I updated and I simple reverted back to the last version before the update. Sorry. ;-(

Yes, I'm the administrator.
Still wondering what you're actually seeing. Does the install not run at all? Did you look at the event logs for crashes or any error log entries related to this application? Watch it start in Task Manager? Etc.

The program download worked just fine, it just won't let me install it.

Error messages, i.e., why it "won't let" you install?

When you run the install, are you logged in as an administrator, or (been a while), right click on the setup/install EXE and "run as administrator?"

+1 to that.

What is the filename and extension of the installer and what, specifically, happens when you try to open it?

OK, got it to load.

Even though I am logged on as the administrator, I guess I needed to 'run as administrator'. Seems like that would be redundant, but there it is.

Thanks guys.

And FYI, it would start to install, but then would end up giving me an error saying that I should try it again. No mention of administrator status needed. Or any other reason for that matter.

Also, I have to open the iPhone device and copy photo files. If I select 'import photos' it says it can't find any photos on the phone.

Also, I have to open the iPhone device and copy photo files. If I select 'import photos' it says it can't find any photos on the phone.
You should be able to stop that behavior - can't remember how, as it's my wife with the Windows (7) computer and I avoid it :rolleyes:

Now I'm trying to connect my android phone, and the pc won't recognize it. :confused:

:facepalm:

I never had an iPhone but Android phones have given me issue between versions. What Android phone are you using?

It should show up as a device when you plug it in. Your Android should ask you for options about USB PC connection to connect as MTP (transfer files) or just charge. I have had some crappy USB charge cables that did not give that option.

I never had an iPhone but Android phones have given me issue between versions. What Android phone are you using?

It should show up as a device when you plug it in. Your Android should ask you for options about USB PC connection to connect as MTP (transfer files) or just charge. I have had some crappy USB charge cables that did not give that option.

I know it should, but it doesn't. I have, of course, tried a second cable, with the same results. It shows it charging, just no data connection. HTC Desire 610, Android 4.4.2

Just one thing, if it's not too late - I'd just make my default "rip" format for iTunes to be MP3 instead of AAC. Might save on lossy-to-lossy conversion. Of course, if you change the bitrate, e.g., to fit on a small memory device, it won't matter much.

P.S. My wife's iPhone 7s would always hang up on sync with iTunes on her Win7 machine - still has glitches. I searched and searched and found it was the setting to change the bitrate (tried to use 192 to put more music on her phone). I had to uncheck that. That preference works completely fine on my MacBook Pro (everything ripped at 320) with my older iPhone 6 (I sync at 256) and my ancient iPod Mini (that requires 192 to fit everything I want on it).

Last edited:
Back