It's so hot.. How hot was it..?

... running errands this morning and finishing off at the gas station, I pull up to the pump, get out, shut the door and..

The door side molding is hanging half off the door. Our current heat wave has melted the double-sided adhesive tape holding
it on (no clips). Damn! Luckily, I happen to have a large can of solvent with which to remove all the crud except for the
gooey tape itself. I'm using WD-40 to soften it further, then scraping it off with a wooden popsicle stick - and it's working!

About another two hours ought to get everything stripped down good enough to accept a new roll of tape.

The end.

P.S. I won $6 on a lottery ticket while there..

Tampa is the hottest place in the country I've ever been and I've been to every state in every season. I've never felt anything like it with the humidity. I'm in So Cal and it gets ripping hot but at least you can breath. lol.

You guys have no concept of what hot really is. Lol :D

I'm the the northern California fires, ground zero. Had to evacuate and everything.

The first day, the electric company turned off everyone's power.
Try living in triple digits with no AC or even a fan to move around air.
And when you go outside, its raining ash and charcoal, with the fire creating it's own weather. (Making it hotter)

Fun, fun, fun.

Well at least my place didn't burn to the ground. :) Others I know weren't so lucky.

At this point, I'm not so worried about it being hot.....the immediate danger is over.

I just want to see some blue skies. Haven't seen that in over a week.
:D
Edit: But then again, a thunderstorm would even be better. :D

Last edited:

I'm the the northern California fires, ground zero. Had to evacuate and everything.

The first day, the electric company turned off everyone's power.
Try living in triple digits with no AC or even a fan to move around air.
And when you go outside, its raining ash and charcoal, with the fire creating it's own weather. (Making it hotter)

Fun, fun, fun.

Well at least my place didn't burn to the ground. :) Others I know weren't so lucky.

At this point, I'm not so worried about it being hot.....the immediate danger is over.

I just want to see some blue skies. Haven't seen that in over a week.
:D
Edit: But then again, a thunderstorm would even be better. :D

Good to hear you're ok there. Sounds like Pompeii.

We were slammed by a big hurricane last season, which left things wet, dark and HOT.. but not scorching hot. Still, no A/C for almost 3 days.

Rain, and more rain. Warm rain, cold rain, in between rain. Temps aren't too oppressive, but humidity sometimes sucks. Sure do miss the fall weather, from about 2 weeks ago.

Thermostat hovers between 73 and 75. It's comfortable. Don't see the need in paying for the pleasure of a mild case of hypothermia.

Hurricane season potential a comin', so.....

And yet your profile says you live in Paradise......reverse psychology? ;)

Man you guys have had it fricking rough up there....One of my cousins lost her shack in this one...She was vacationing down here in SoCal when it all went down so she missed the actual drama of being there...Terrible shit...one of the prices we pay for living in Paradise...BTW when everything is right in the world up where you're living at truly is Paradise or as we sometimes say "God's country". Hang in there man!

Rain, and more rain. Warm rain, cold rain, in between rain. Temps aren't too oppressive, but humidity sometimes sucks.
Sure do miss the fall weather, from about 2 weeks ago... Hurricane season potential a comin', so.....

Yup. Hurricane season is upon us once more..

I'm more worried about water levels. I read yesterday that my area has already surpassed last year's total rainfall (around 52-inches), and we haven't had a tropical storm or hurricane in this season... yet. Our retention ponds remain flooded from this season's thunderstorms.

Tampa is the hottest place in the country I've ever been and I've been to every state in every season. I've never felt anything like it with the humidity. I'm in So Cal and it gets ripping hot but at least you can breath. lol.

Are you old enough to have 4 window stickers from each state plastered over all the windows of your '64 Bel Air station wagon? ;)

E4yuQLR.jpg

Last edited:
Upwards of 4 inches of rain (who knows the true estimated number yet) in an hour, totals 6" or more within 24 hours. Flooded roads, flooded basements (finished living areas), threats of potential damn breakage(s). A mess. More bands of severe weather forecast for today, flash flood warnings in effect. Headed to central Virginia to help with the cleanup. Will be moving westward while storm bands move eastward, right through them I will go. Hope I don't get halted by impassable flooded roads. Damn the torpedoes, wish me luck.

.. Headed to central Virginia to help with the cleanup. Will be moving westward while storm bands move eastward, right through them I will go. Hope I don't get halted by impassable flooded roads. Damn the torpedoes, wish me luck.

Both coasts are being ravaged. Good luck, and thanks for helping out!

Back