Intelligent conversations

TAE

All you have is now
I know the Mods and a lot of members are happy that there is no more politics or religion allowed in this Forum..

IMO it has taken the forum to a pretty dull lull...Like a steak without seasoning

The biker bar has become a knitting circle..

Such is life.... but man we could have had some fun discussing the Don and the political circus that is going down this election..epic shit.

Oh well ...pass me a knitting needle to shove in my ear

I agree. I've always thought that a topic shouldn't be banned but topics like that inevitably descend into shit slinging and insults.
In theory it sounds easy to just ban those people but it's never that easy. Some people play a good game.

It's a shame but when people want to pretend they don't understand civility and push buttons just to see what happens then act all innocent, it's easier to just take their toys away.

I wouldn't delete a politically themed thread on sight if it was started with good reason and in good faith - not sure how the other mods feel about that.
You can be sure it'll end up getting deleted eventually for one reason or another, though.

In the long run I'd like to see that guideline relax but whether or not that happens depends on mods/admin agreeing, and the forum as a whole proving it can be civil.

I know the Mods and a lot of members are happy that there is no more politics or religion allowed in this Forum..

IMO it has taken the forum to a pretty dull lull...Like a steak without seasoning

The biker bar has become a knitting circle..

Such is life.... but man we could have had some fun discussing the Don and the political circus that is going down this election..epic shit.

Oh well ...pass me a knitting needle to shove in my ear
I agree with you mate, its shit now. There was only a couple of knobs before who couldn't keep their shit together. Remember that crazy guy who insisted on comparing cecil the lion to planned parenthood?

Its just not that hard to disagree with people without turning it into a shit-fight.

You sure haven't done anything to spice it up. Go record something.

I think it's better this way.

I just think that if you don't like political threads then don't read them.

I just think that if you don't like political threads then don't read them.

It's not the people that don't read the threads that ruin everything, it's the people that participate that ruin everything.

I wonder what's broken in someone's real life that they have to go to their recording forum to fight about politic and religion.

I can't remember the last time I looked at a political thread here or anywhere else and thought "Wow, that's an intelligent conversation right there."

I wonder what's broken in someone's real life that they have to go to their recording forum to fight about politic and religion.
Odd, in'it? What's interesting is that when you discuss a political topic (rationally) on a forum like this one you get ideas and opinions from all over the world. Some people either a) really like arguing, b) can't possibly understand that people have different opinions to them, c) are just dickhead or d) a, b, and c combined.

---------- Update ----------

It's 2015. People will literally travel miles just to be offended by something. ;)

You should read the comments section on the Daily Mail website, its piss funny

I can't remember the last time I looked at a political thread here or anywhere else and thought "Wow, that's an intelligent conversation right there."

You do get them sometimes though, someone will post some new information that you weren't aware of or post an opinion that you hadn't considered and you realise that you'd never thought of it before... I agree those comments are usually dwarfed by a massive number of comments by willfully ignorant dicks though.

Yeah...I never quite understood that either.
I can see a thread unintentionally segueing into politics or religion (though a hard stretch if the thread is about audio to begin with)...but I never got the *need* for some to have those off-topic discussions on a recording/audio forum.

The off-topic fun threads are OK if they don't get out of hand...but it's funny that many/most of the regular, former Cave dwellers that always talked religion and politics all day, every day....hardly ever posted in the recording/audio sections of HR.
So like...damn, just go find a forum where all they talk about is religion and politics if that's what you *need* to get off each day.

I bet at those political websites they don't have an off-topic "Cave" for guys to talk about recording/audio. :)

but it's funny that many/most of the regular, former Cave dwellers that always talked religion and politics all day, every day....hardly ever posted in the recording/audio sections of HR.
The Cave was hardly a bastion of intelligent debate and enlightening conversation though, was it? Most of it was just brain-dead, bigoted, racist, misogynistic shit.

Its better the way it is now...there are people who dont even post unless its on a political or religious subject. Like vultures.

You cant turn on a news program or use social media without getting bombarded by the inevitable nonsense, no need to have it in here too. Its nice just to talk about the walking dead, and/or burger toppings than the upcoming armageddon.

Imho of course.

Back