'Independence Day: Resurgence'

I normally last a couple of seasons if somethings good, exceptions were the sopranos and breaking bad...theres a couple of their seasons thats the best Entertainment Ive ever watched...but just as I think GoT has finally delivered the last tits and swords I can stomach it has two episodes like the final two of this season, and story arcs that have been going for six years...its fucking epic. Id never want to see a movie version, it is an hour movie every week.

My wife and I have tickets for Thursday - last day they show Independence Day 2 in IMAX3D at the theater here.
So I will avoid this thread/any spoilers/all reviews until Friday. I'll let you know after I see it.

Theres a brilliant series coming on Sundance in August..Gammorah...about the mafia in Naples Italy

makes the sopranos look like a cartoon

As far as upcoming series, the one I can't stop drooling for right now is HBO's Westworld. :)

Getting back on topic, I'm trying to decide whether to see ID2 at the theatre, since I enjoyed the first one okay-- except I re-watched the first one this past weekend and found it less satisfying than I remembered.

I pretty much remember having a 4th of July every year of my life. It's fun. enjoy it. Beer and fireworks=good time. I agree with all the posts before and after I post this.

I'm off to watch ID2 tonight with the wife. I've been looking forward to it as I'm a big fan of the original. (I love the cheesiness off it all) I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be extremely disappointed with the sequel though.

My experience tends to be that when I'm really looking forward to a movie then often I feel let down by it because it didn't measure up to my high hopes, whereas if I go in with absolutely no preconceptions or expectations (except for maybe having heard that the critics panned it) then often I enjoy the movie a lot and feel that it wasn't given much of a chance.

Movies seem to succeed best when the audience just accepts them for what they are, and seem to fail worst when the audience has walked into the theatre carrying a lot of "baggage" about what they expect or hope the movie will be like. I think that's why I sometimes hate a movie the first time I see it, but eventually discover-- after repeated viewings on TV or whatever-- that it's actually pretty good.

I find the same to be true with music as well. If I buy an album by a band I really like, I might listen to it the first time and think it's absolute crap, because I'm mentally comparing it to one or more other albums by them that I really like. But if I keep giving it a listen then eventually I reach the point where I'm anticipating each lyric, each note, and each beat in my head while I'm listening, and that's often when I realize that I actually like the album after all.

I'm off to watch ID2 tonight with the wife. I've been looking forward to it as I'm a big fan of the original. (I love the cheesiness off it all) I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be extremely disappointed with the sequel though.

GG Mr Clean never came back to report....movie was so bad it must have killed him :(

Watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original but then, I never expected it to be. Loads of cheesiness and explosions and shit. What else do you expect in a film like this.

Watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original but then, I never expected it to be. Loads of cheesiness and explosions and shit. What else do you expect in a film like this.

I just got back from seeing it in IMAX3D :) You basically said what I was going to say. It was pretty good, and like Star Wars, it was cool that the old original actors were included. The new actors were just ok... They left it wide open for never ending sequels. Worth the 20 bucks to see it in IMAX3D too.

We went to see it yesterday. Special FX were good, dialogue, well, let's just say it wasn't too far from an Abrahams and Zucker parody. Brent Spiner was hilarious.

Back