Inauguration Day LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are taking a principled and unwavering stand against Presidents costing a lot of $$$ for travel security? Would you be so bold as to say you wouldn't vote for a President who incurred costs as high as Obama's?

I am not an Obama fan by any means, but I agree that talking about what it cost for him to travel, that is a bit silly. If I were the Pres and had AF1, shiiit, I would be all over the place. That is one of the perks of the office. Even if the president wants to reduce the cost of travel, where is he going to cut? Less security, rent a limo, use Marriott points?

The president never takes a vacation, he just leaves Washington for a few weeks. But everything comes with him/her (when the right one comes along ;) ) and that is expensive.

The key difference between private industry and Government:

Private industry is profit-oriented. Government is mission-oriented.

If their mission was waste billions upon billions of the American taxpayers money...then mission accomplished! It's out of hand and there are too many bad ideas being funded...

You also seem to have neglected to mention that Trump's dad gave him a real estate corporation that was worth $200M way back in 1974.

You state this as fact.....Do have some black and white proof of how this deal went down. We know he ran the company but when he took it over did his Daddy "give it to him", did he buy it?, some other financial arrangement?

I am not an Obama fan by any means, but I agree that talking about what it cost for him to travel, that is a bit silly. If I were the Pres and had AF1, shiiit, I would be all over the place. That is one of the perks of the office. Even if the president wants to reduce the cost of travel, where is he going to cut? Less security, rent a limo, use Marriott points?

The president never takes a vacation, he just leaves Washington for a few weeks. But everything comes with him/her (when the right one comes along ;) ) and that is expensive.

Especially golf in Hawaii!

lol

I am cautiously optimistic. One thing I am certain of, unlike our former President Obama(feels wonderful to say that) who believed this country was/is fundamentally flawed, I believe Trump loves this country, despite flaws.

For the last 8 years we have watched as jobs were shipped overseas, and our President did little as he assured us, those jobs are not coming back. We've watched many other jobs (construction, landscaping, etc) lost through illegal immigration, while our govt turns a blind eye, or excuses it as they're doing jobs Americans won't do, or told we are xenophobic and hateful when we object. We watch as the govt implements policy and law that will without doubt reduce employment in real living wage jobs to the tune of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, and the govt shrugs and offers bullshit compensation by telling us now you can retire early, follow your dreams into other fields of work, or have more time to dedicate to your hobbies and personal interests.

This, folks, is business. We've already seen Trump focus and work towards solutions to keep Americans in business. You have to have a job, man. Operating govt as a social security office will not get it done. Social security offices hand out money, businesses provide for the ability to support families, communities, the country. Having jobs shipped out while at the same time allowing an illegal workforce to enter is insanity and unsustainable. It seems apparent that we need someone in office who understands this.

We need someone in office who doesn't see "America (and Americans) first" as hate speech.

We need someone in office who doesn't see "America (and Americans) first" as hate speech.

On the surface, it appears to be a fine phrase. Unfortunately, it has a well-worn context:

Attachments

• America first2.jpg
    America first2.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 5
  • KKK-America-First.jpg
    KKK-America-First.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
On the surface, it appears to be a fine phrase. Unfortunately, it has a well-worn context:

It's bigoted out of context comments like this that are stirring the hate pot and making mountains out of mole hills... When he says Let's make America great again you know damn well he isn't meaning just for white males but golly gee it's fun making fun of him and exaggerating the facts to stir up shit and get ignorant people riled up.

Based upon the secretly recorded private conversation between two men in a van bullshitting it appears he's a bit of a perv as are many many men to different degrees. It doesn't mean he hates women and clearly has worked with and used women in high positions in business.

Because he feels that people here illegally need to get the boot and we need to do more to stop it from happening doesn't make him a racist.

It's not very "politically correct" in saying that Muslims trying to enter the United states must be scrutinized closely but tough crap. Being as the terrorist wreaking havoc around the world are Muslims we have to be a little more careful with who and how we let come here. If it was Irish Catholics that crashed jets into the twin towers and were doing the same as the ISIS boys are doing we'd need to scrutinize incoming Irish Catholics trying to immigrate or visit the U.S. a little closer and I sure as hell am OK with that.

He's got a big mouth and it worrys me. Jomama was hip, slick and sneaky and that worried me more.

I like what this women had to say about the lemmings with leggings

Lindsey Bruce

I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
I AM a woman.
I can make my own choices.
I can speak and be heard.
I can VOTE.
I can work if I want.
I control my body.
I can defend myself.
I can defend my family.
There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
Quit blaming.
Take responsibility.
If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not have the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
China and India, infantcide of baby girls.
Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
And that's just a few examples.
So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...
This WOMAN does not support it.

Oh no!...their sign also says One God. All monotheists are KKK racists?

The thought process of people is often influenced by their personal political leanings, but for anyone to believe the elected chief executive of this nation stating that his first allegiance is to the country he leads and to those who elected him has anything to do with the degenerates in those pictures is a moronic stretch, at best. To utilize such nonsense propaganda to influence the gullible and inspire division has no place in any constructive discussion concerning the well-being and direction forward for this country. It's dumb, or smart for all the wrong reasons.

My nephew posted this on FB...God I love him!

Where were the protests against Bill Clinton when he violated the rights of Juanita Broaddrick?
Where was the outrage when he exposed himself to Paula Jones?
Where was the hate and indignation followed by the burning of cars when he groped Kathleen Willey in his office in 1993?
How come there weren't mass uprisings when he was in a position of executive authority over Monica Lewinsky and Elizabeth Ward Gracen and still engaged in a sexual relationships with them both.
If we're going to fight for the injustice of these types of crimes (and I agree 100% that they are crimes) then there needs to be equality in the outrage and who it's directed at.

It's bigoted out of context comments like this that are stirring the hate pot and making mountains out of mole hills... When he says Let's make America great again you know damn well he isn't meaning just for white males but golly gee it's fun making fun of him and exaggerating the facts to stir up shit and get ignorant people riled up.

Based upon the secretly recorded private conversation between two men in a van bullshitting it appears he's a bit of a perv as are many many men to different degrees. It doesn't mean he hates women and clearly has worked with and used women in high positions in business.

Because he feels that people here illegally need to get the boot and we need to do more to stop it from happening doesn't make him a racist.

It's not very "politically correct" in saying that Muslims trying to enter the United states must be scrutinized closely but tough crap. Being as the terrorist wreaking havoc around the world are Muslims we have to be a little more careful with who and how we let come here. If it was Irish Catholics that crashed jets into the twin towers and were doing the same as the ISIS boys are doing we'd need to scrutinize incoming Irish Catholics trying to immigrate or visit the U.S. a little closer and I sure as hell am OK with that.

He's got a big mouth and it worrys me. Jomama was hip, slick and sneaky and that worried me more.

Referring to our first black President as "Jomama" doesn't exactly burnish your credentials on this particular subject.

Oh no!...their sign also says One God. All monotheists are KKK racists?

That's interesting. If I were running a campaign and we were kicking around potential slogans, I would research them. If I found out a potential slogan was previously used by the KKK, I'd switch to something else. And why not? - the possibilities are nearly infinite.

Referring to our first black President as "Jomama" doesn't exactly burnish your credentials on this particular subject.

Good job of deflection there on associating our current "White" president with the KKK. The Jomama thing was a tit for tat on the Drumpf comment earlier in this thread. Yo mama jokes are not racial, they're funny and the fact that his name rhymes with that doesn't make it about race and was not an attempt to associate or mislead people of who or what he represents as your post did .

The way the media which needs dirty laundry to make ratings, distorts and takes the Sun Kings ( there now I've made fun of Trump being orange ) comments out of context and twist them into things they are not is not conducive to bringing the country together. But hey it gives them something to cover and quack about to masses who blindly listen and buy into it besides weather and sports.

That's interesting. If I were running a campaign and we were kicking around potential slogans, I would research them. If I found out a potential slogan was previously used by the KKK, I'd switch to something else. And why not? - the possibilities are nearly infinite.

Nearly infinite? Like some ambiguous type bullshit as "Yes We Can", "I'm With Her"? It means nothing. Slogans are for politicians. Trump is no politician. "America first" is a statement of intent, a decree. It's a sad state when it is controversial for a President of the United States to make such a proclamation, America First. Any President who doesn't believe it to the core and act accordingly should be thrown out of office.

The KKK is a joke, irrelevant. Anyone who is so steeped in KKK rhetoric that the first thing which comes to mind when they hear America First is the fucking KKK....maybe you're not paying attention to things that really matter. Then again maybe they are just interested in stirring shit. Fuck 'em, irrelevant. I would guarantee 99.9% of people never heard of the KKK using the slogan America First. If you were, you're probably a racist piece of shit yourself........."you" in the generic sense, of course.

btw: It is not a campaign. Trump won. The Democrats lost, big, and will most likely continue to lose. And probably most important of all, Hillary Clinton will never be President. Never.

It is disheartening as an American to see such divide among us. Sharks against the Jets.

Impeach him? Seriously?

I'd like to blow up the White house but it won't do any good?

I'm worried about my rights as a woman?

He hates anyone that is not white (or orange ;) )

I agree he has said and will continue to say some pretty silly, ignorant and inflammatory things.....and though in the end he may out pace every other president before him in doing so, so has EVERY other president.
Just google "dumb things XYZ president" has said and you will be amazed. When you are at the epicenter of world wide focus you are also under the most infinite of scrutiny for every action you take and word you speak.

When He chose to run for president he knew this and it was a decision that he made based on hundreds of pros and cons he weighed before choosing to do so. He has put his self and his whole family in danger of being killed.
Though ego and legacy certainly weighed in on the decision to go for it, so did this country is being ran down a shit hole and I believe I can help dig us out to a better direction. The process is the process and he's the dude now.
If he breaks a law he'll be held accountable. If he tries to do something totally whack there are mechanisms in the system and a shit load of decent people there to stop that from happening.

Those that are so vehemently opposing him and protesting at this juncture are grabbing at paper straws and causing descension and divide in a time when we need to suck it up, hold on and watch it through. An acronym for FEAR False Expectations Appearing Real.

I absolutely believe in the power of and right to protest. Just have a real reason, cause, platform and realistic expectation of what will result from doing so.

I agree he has said and will continue to say some pretty silly, ignorant and inflammatory things.....and though in the end he may out pace every other president before him in doing so, so has EVERY other president.

No. Absolutely no. This is not normal.

You will never find anything that Obama said that is even remotely as vulgar and offensive as this:

Donald Trump - Talking about Megyn Kelly said:
"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever."

No. Absolutely no. This is not normal.

You will never find anything that Obama said that is even remotely as vulgar and offensive as this:

I was not saying it was contest for who said the most vulgar thing...in this instance Trump wins the booby prize... I basically said under the spotlight EVERY president not just Obama gets the honor of a list of stupid things they said...just google "stupid quotes from president XYZ"

You're right it was a sexist thing to say.......had he stopped at eyes...it would have done the job of illustrating her anger just fine without crossing the line...Sadly he was incensed and being a macho man, just had to throw in a "man" jab. It was lame, it was stupid...."normal?" have you never once in your life thought or said Oh man she must be OTR? I have more times than I want to remember faced and suffered the bitchy insanity that can come about (in some women) when "the curse" comes to town...3 older sisters and a Mom going through menopause. Good times! So yes, as a guy running for President, that was a really dumb thing to say....and yet he won the election! Tells ya something doesn't it...

For sure he never should have said it out loud....but as a guy who has dealt first hand with the insanity that can come with menstruation, I would not think it abnormal to think it might be the reason a woman bitching me out is suffering from it. It's a real thing, it happens. Also from experience you NEVER say that is the problem to woman who might be..it can be fatal.

You're right it was a sexist thing to say.......had he stopped at eyes...it would have done the job of illustrating her anger just fine without crossing the line...Sadly he was incensed and being a macho man, just had to throw in a "man" jab. It was lame, it was stupid....

but that's it exactly. Many people view the president as someone who can control the things they say and realize their possible implications before they say them. This guy can't. He has no control and that worries many, many people. The president has a huge moral responsibility to the world...as the leader of the free world, the things he says can influence wars, effect the stock market, and have global recourse. He also shows zero humility, extreme arrogance, and has been great at turning minorities against him.

This is not someone that I wish to represent my country. It does not represent me or the people I know. Hopefully, he turns this around and employs policies that we can reflect on as having positive effects on our economy and foreign policy, but I seriously doubt he can given who he is at the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back